AWW XR6T UTE Member 129 Member For: 23y 4m 25d Location: Brisbane Posted 03/02/04 02:26 AM Posted 03/02/04 02:26 AM I'll third that!No problems what so ever & looks good!
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 03/02/04 02:50 AM Posted 03/02/04 02:50 AM I think you'll find Vik was just being his usual sarcastic self in response to Gaza's queries...That said, Trumps.. you didn't answer Gaza's question!I'll take the time...Gaza the gauge is a turbo boost gauge. It basically sits where the Fairmont clock can fit and when you put your foot down and the turbo kicks in it displays the boost coming on as a reading in pounds... People generally get these gauges in turbo cars so that they can see the boost coming on correctly when required especially when people are running high boost levels.Paul
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 03/02/04 03:21 AM Posted 03/02/04 03:21 AM I'll let someone else be Denzel for the night... for once the G/F wants ME to come to bed!! Damn! Forget about the pictures of the boost gauge instructions! Let's see photos of what your up to!
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 23y Location: Sydney Posted 03/02/04 03:23 AM Posted 03/02/04 03:23 AM Thankyou Mr Miyagi....Daniel San is now happy.Honest Gaza
Guest Guests Posted 03/02/04 05:11 AM Posted 03/02/04 05:11 AM At least someone gets the picture.I was really baiting Zek.vik
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: Adelaide Posted 03/02/04 06:05 AM Posted 03/02/04 06:05 AM Sorry to disappoint, Vik. Bit too busy yesterday and today to take the bait.Anyway, a bit of healthy scepticism helps keep things in perspective.Let's not forget it's also a vacuum gauge. I remember seeing an article in a Wheels or Modern Motor mag from the 50's showing how a vacuum gauge can help diagnose about 20 different engine malfunctions. I'll try to find the article and post it out of curiousity, but I suspect it's relevance to modern engines is limited. Some people here have posted concerns about whether or not their car is coming on boost properly. I find it hard to imagine the "seat of the pants" test not giving a definitive answer to this whenever the loud pedal is stomped on. However a boost gauge would confirm that it's all the way it should be (or not as the case may be).I endorse all the positive comments here, especially that the gauge does look good, particularly at night. Went out to dinner with the neighbours and had fun realising he was tryng to tell the time from the gauge on the way home. Confirmed my prediction that it wouldn't be long before someone did that. CheerszekePS Got a phone call on my mobile today from Luke to say my replacement gauge is on its way.
mattson Award Winning Photo guy Legacy Donating Member 1,340 Member For: 22y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Burleigh Waters Posted 03/02/04 06:21 AM Posted 03/02/04 06:21 AM I know this is slightly off topic, but those chasing boost gauges which match the XR gauge binicle, I've found the Autometre Carbon Fibre range with blue lights seem to match pretty well...albeit the increments in the day are yellow and not white like the BA but I'm sure it's not much of a comprimise ... Car Toys also sell twin gauge pods that mount where the analouge clock is as well as twin A-pillar gauge pods (which I'll end up getting with a oil-pressure gauge to make sure things are going smoothly there!Just a suggestion for those seeking an alternative to this as the thread is titled boost gauges Hope the mods don't mind a slight hi-jack!Cheers,Matt
Guest joshm006 Guests Posted 03/02/04 07:06 AM Posted 03/02/04 07:06 AM I Got mine Yesterday takes about 15 min to install very easy. lights could be a little brighter
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 7m 28d Location: ACT Posted 04/02/04 01:35 AM Posted 04/02/04 01:35 AM Well I checked and no gauges in th post today :( I guess they will be here tomorrow. Rest assured I will send them off to you as soon as I get them.Its a shame joshm006 didn't collect all of them and send them directly to us, sneaky fella waits till the last minute, and gets his first.....
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 10m 25d Location: NSW Posted 04/02/04 02:22 AM Posted 04/02/04 02:22 AM Was Joshm006 part of the group buy??? If so that's a bit rough!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now