Stigmata Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 13y 8m 23d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/13 10:57 AM Posted 16/04/13 10:57 AM be intrested to know what they think, my mate at Ford reckons he has never heard of it? bet he says that to all complaints LOL I reckon its going to be exactly what the mrs B4 is doing with the gate solenoid running slow. Anyway I look forward to hearing how you get on Kind regards Jon 1
Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 8m 3d Gender: Male Posted 17/04/13 02:48 AM Author Posted 17/04/13 02:48 AM ok ive been to ford this morning, they plugged it into the computer and the only codes that come up were battery ones (I think cause I put a new one in last week) apart from that he couldnt see anything unusual. he brought up alot of engine sensors, took it for a drive and he said every seemed fine, he also brought up the wastegate sensor and that was ok, opening and closing when it should and holding pressure so its not leaking. he reset all the sensors and said see how it goes, I'll just have to keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/04/13 03:00 AM Posted 17/04/13 03:00 AM Did you just "pop in" or was there a repair order raised for the car?Only reason I asked, incase something happens down the track, there will be a record of your visit and complaints today.
Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 8m 3d Gender: Male Posted 17/04/13 04:41 AM Author Posted 17/04/13 04:41 AM yeah mate its all on record 1
Stigmata Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 13y 8m 23d Gender: Male Posted 18/04/13 10:40 AM Posted 18/04/13 10:40 AM I dont think its anything to worry about Kind regards Jon
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 9d Gender: Male Posted 18/04/13 10:55 AM Posted 18/04/13 10:55 AM Did he bring up the LOCK_U_SOL pid? Monitors torque converter lock up solenoid.
TER80D Legacy Donating Member 48 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Posted 18/04/13 12:41 PM Posted 18/04/13 12:41 PM I think I know the exact feeling you have. It's like if you're holding constant speed you are sitting in the seat and ever so gently rocking back and forth a couple of times a second. I also have an 09 G6E Turbo and my shifts in the ZF have been progressively getting worse and worse after the rocking sensation started (No idea if it's the same for you).I did a transmission flush with a new heat exchanger (The old fluid came out somewhat black but no water contamination) but this didn't fix it. It's now going over to Joe @ Crescent Motorsport for a rebuild on Saturday. I'll let you know how I go after the rebuild to see if it resolves it. The other way I could describe the sensation is also like it has a slight miss or someone is very lightly tapping the brakes on and off.As an FYI too, my car was showing absolutely no fault codes either so it's making diagnosis all the more difficult. 1
Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 8m 3d Gender: Male Posted 18/04/13 08:34 PM Author Posted 18/04/13 08:34 PM [ yeah mate its doing exactly that, ive found out now that it only rocks when cold, once its warmed up, you can only notice it in the tacho
TER80D Legacy Donating Member 48 Member For: 15y 2m 28d Posted 02/05/13 02:16 PM Posted 02/05/13 02:16 PM Ok, so the rebuild is complete and shifting up gears is now smooth again. Down shifting is also smooth except for 3-2 however Joe tells me that this is normal and that the ZF is still learning. I'll let you know how it goes (Joe from CMS told me it'll take up to 1,000km's before the box settles properly)
pike196 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 13y 5m Posted 07/05/13 05:18 AM Posted 07/05/13 05:18 AM Just thought I'd add my 2c worth... I have an 2010 G6E Turbo and I have had this issue for the last 12 months. Took it to Ford a couple of times and they couldn't find anything wrong with it and as its warranty was about to expire I decided to get another opinion so I didn't get shafted with a dead gearbox out of warranty.I took it to a BMW/Landrover specialist (BMW/Landrover have had the ZF 6 speed a lot longer than Ford) and he said it gets a question about this issue at least every week. He said its the box that does it but its nothing to worry about as there isn't anything actually wrong with the box its more like a design issue and he see's a lot of 5 Series and Range Rovers that do it. There is no way to stop it (except new gearbox which may have the issue anyway) but if it REALLY annoys you its possible to remap the shift points in the gearbox to make it less obvious.By this I mean my car does it around 1500 RPM, you can change shift points so the car always sits above 1600 rpm for example.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now