Vibration At Idle.

Jmr84

• Member For: 11y 5m 18d

Hey guys new to fords but think I got inboard with a good one. Have a bf XR6T tray back ute with a bit of work running 285rwkw with a zf box.

Anyway to the point.

At lights in drive I sometimes get this bad vibration through the whole ute but if I bump it into neutral it goes away. Sometimes there is a little vibration sometimes alot.

I was concerned about this and seen talk on the zf milkshake so I took the supply line off the cooler to check oil. The oil is still ok, when I have a spare thousand dollars :-/ ill do a change on it. But any ideas on what might be causing this vibration? Converter cavitation, engine mounts possibly? Any ideas would be good. Cheers.

• Member For: 11y 5m 18d

I did a fluid service in engine bay couple of weeks back. Only run it on 98. Ill check the plugs over this weekend. Was just concerned it might have something to do with the zf.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

Mate I had the ZF serviced yesterday and pulled up at a drive through on the way home then clunk brrrrrr. Turned out to be nothing wrong with the trans but, one of the blades on the themo fan had fractured on the seam join and started lunching itself on the shroud. The vibration through the car was horribile. I disconnected the cable and drove it home (hwy only). Got a complete new assembly late yesterday and fitted - all good. From what you've described, I'd be taking a look at that.

• Member For: 11y 1m 28d

I had the same issue on my 03 BA XR6T and just today pulled it apart and found that the exhaust manifold bolts under the heat shield were very loose (one was almost completely undone) anyway, I tighten all the bolts and the problem has gone completely.

• Member For: 11y 8m 27d

yeah I have same prob, its my drivers side engin mount, compleatly sagged and disinergrating.

does your engin sit on a lean??? if so the mounts f*cked