The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/02/13 10:06 PM Posted 26/02/13 10:06 PM (edited) So I replaced my brake booster last weekend. Immediatley following the install, my cruise control could be armed but not set.I checked for a fuse, but there is no cruise control fuse.I checked my brake lights to find that they were permenantly on.I felt the brake and cruise switches and learned that the plunger on the brake switch was not coming out far enough to be struck by the brake pedal. So I pulled the switch out and stretched the plunger back out which helped the brake lights to work 100% again.However, I then found that the cruise control could no longer even be armed. Now, a couple of days on, intermitently I am able to arm and set the cruise control but after 2-5minutes, it will turn off and refuse to be armed again.Anyone got any ideas what the issue might be? I'm about ready to sell the falcon and buy a bike or something. Sick of all the problems.RegardsMichael Edited 26/02/13 10:07 PM by The Converted 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 26/02/13 11:13 PM Posted 26/02/13 11:13 PM put a new switch in it if you have messed around with it
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 11d Gender: Male Posted 27/02/13 01:21 AM Posted 27/02/13 01:21 AM Yep, by pulling the plunger out youve stuffed the switch
The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/02/13 04:12 AM Author Posted 27/02/13 04:12 AM Ford spare parts are thieves. Do they wear masks where you are Bionic?I called up Binks in Deer Park and ordered a cruice and brake switch.Got quoted approx $20 each and gave them my credit card number.Got a call back an hour later to tell me that my cruise switch would be $90 and that I was quoted for an early BA one. Mine being MKII BA means it is different and will cost more..Is the $90 one gold plated?
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 27/02/13 04:18 AM Posted 27/02/13 04:18 AM Mine used to accelerate viciously when I armed cruise control...don't know what the previous tuner touched but it was bad. 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 27/02/13 06:05 AM Posted 27/02/13 06:05 AM ^cruise control values in torque managment 1
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 11d Gender: Male Posted 27/02/13 07:07 AM Posted 27/02/13 07:07 AM Yeah they wont miss ya
45T-XR Legacy Donating Member 417 Member For: 19y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, Queensland Posted 27/02/13 08:51 AM Posted 27/02/13 08:51 AM ^cruise control values in torque managmentI had a similar issue, I fixed it eventually
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 27/02/13 08:54 AM Posted 27/02/13 08:54 AM ^ how?Did you turn torque management back on and tuned the tags as required? Work for me!
45T-XR Legacy Donating Member 417 Member For: 19y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, Queensland Posted 27/02/13 10:21 AM Posted 27/02/13 10:21 AM No...I reduced the indicated engine torque values in the low load areas down, as I had raised them whilst having a play. When I hit the set button it would accelerate harshly then reduce throttle rapidly, then repeat with a frequency of about once per second.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now