Recommended Tuner / Workshop Act

• Member For: 17y 11m

and I'm sure if you spoke to Mick from Pitlane he wouldn't recommend anyone other than Jakes.

Not that it means much, but I do not know Jakes as far as I'm aware of, I have met the guys from Gentech and believe they do a good job

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

They seem to be getting some good results out of the ESP workshop.

Don't get me wrong mate, Fryer's car is testament to the work they do, but personally the service I received and the lies I was given was enough to turn me away

Not that it means much, but I do not know Jakes as far as I'm aware of, I have met the guys from Gentech and believe they do a good job

Sorry Mick don't remember writing that and why? Yea the guys at Gentech do a good job from what ive seen/heard but need a third arm and leg to pay for the work lol

from what I have seen many times over, many of the shops that are doing things cheaply are doing things quickly and near enough is good enough fashion, it takes time to tune these things correctly, WOT is easy to do

• Donating Members

Yea I agree. But from what I know, Gentech charge $990 for custom tune as opposed to $500-$800 for many reputable tuners in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. Don't see why we have to pay more for the same level of service that those receive in other cities

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 18d

lack of competition, plain and simple, good shop no doubt but yeah higher disposable incomes in canberra and lack of competition. Mind you there is less of a market here too so there probably isn't much room for too many tuners. They can prob charge what they do because they are good and they get enough ppl paying it to make a living.

I know of shops that charge $1100+ for tunes, I know plenty of people that have gone to cheap shops and then had to repay for a good shop to do a good tune.

I have a car that has been on my dyno for possibly 10 Hrs+ what do you think that should be charged at?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 18d

none of us have a problem with paying for good work and we all know the kinds of stories you speak of, we just don't want to pay more than ppl in other states, so some people trade convenience with cost and travel to reputable tuners, and others dont.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

I know of shops that charge $1100+ for tunes, I know plenty of people that have gone to cheap shops and then had to repay for a good shop to do a good tune.

I have a car that has been on my dyno for possibly 10 Hrs+ what do you think that should be charged at?

$550......

just kidding.

• Donating Members

Well at $120 an hour (that's gentechs rate) you'd be looking at $1200+ n fair enough but what about those cars that are on the dyno much less than that? I don't want to assume so how long would you have an fg with the "basic" mods on the dyno for?

I think if tuning prices are set then id imagine they're based on an average time to do a car n so that's how tuners get to their prices, some cars take 2-3, some take 20, I'm assuming it should all even out?