Bent Axels = New Diff

theaussiedon

• Member For: 11y 7m 13d

so I heard this "wuring" sound when the when makes a full revolution at walking pace, thought warranty is almost up best get it looked at.

the guys at ford thought it might be a bearing that has collapsed. I get a phone call saying the axel is bent...... I ask how as the heaviest thing ive put in there is my cricket gear.

I asked if it would of caused any damage to the diff, and to my delight they have ordered a whole new diff and rear end for my ute.

so boys if you hear something strange, get it looked at!!!!!!

XR6 Turbo 2010

• Member For: 12y 3m 17d

good luck, it's become a luck of the draw to get a new axel under warranty. I'm in victoria, had the same problem and ford down here didnt want a bar of it. They claimed I must have driven into a gutter the knobs. (not one mark on my wheels) they came up with any excuse they could to void doing it under warranty

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 25d

Ford here in perth told me the same thing with my xr8 ute. I'd never slapped it into a kerb (which they suggested.. DICKS) never loaded anything heavy.. So I took it home and put a dial gauge on the rim edge... .23mm and .28mm respectively.. armed with this, I went back to ford and asked what they thought..

QUOTE: " oh ok then, we just watched the caliper moving on the discs (warped discs maybe, it is a floating caliper..) so its probably ok then"

another time, the same dealer told me my rear pads were at less then 5%... I pulled them out, measured them and compared to a brand new set of ford pads, they were EXACTLY, 50% worn... mentioned this to the dealer and showed them the pads...

QUOTE: " oh... we'd replace them in a fleet vehicle if we saw that" ... my car is not a fleet vehicle... dicks!