Velvet09 New Member 9 Member For: 13y 9m 16d Posted 17/12/12 08:38 AM Posted 17/12/12 08:38 AM (edited) Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so I guess I'll introduce myself. I bought a Sep 09 velvet G6ET last week after months of searching for a nice family car (yes, I'm over 40, and no I don't own a cardigan, nor do I play lawn bowls lol). Anyway, obviously it's second hand, with 57,000 k's and has been serviced every 7,500 k's by Power Ford. I'm happy with the price I paid given it is 3 years old, 1 owner, well looked after and less than half the new car price. Stock standard with tow bar and full size spare! (I hate those space saver things!) My last car was an 07 Mazda3 SP23 hatch. Not a bad car for what it was, but with a 4 month old son it just wasn't big enough, the pram filled the hatch.I was surprised, and impressed, by the driveability of this car. Luxury and so much mid range torque. I was looking at n/a XR6's originally, but I don't regret spending a few extra dollars for the G6ET. Awesome car!I have owned my fair share of cars over the years, more than 20 actually, including a ZC, ZD, ZG, ZF, P5 LTD, X D , XE, EF Fairmont and various other cars, from a 750cc Subaru Fiori, to worked 351's with toploaders and 9' diffs. However, I have to say that the G6ET is the most pleasurable to drive. I haven't had it on the freeway yet, but I will just after xmas (the P5 LTD was excellent on the freeway!)My G6ET will remain stock standard for the foreseeable future as I enjoy it as it is. As an ex-mechanic (over 20 years ago) I understand why people modify these cars as they are a great base to start with. Edited 17/12/12 08:40 AM by Velvet09 1
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 20d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 17/12/12 09:02 AM Posted 17/12/12 09:02 AM welcome dude... velvet is an awesome colour... congrats on the purchase and enjoy!too bad about the cardigan thing though... love a good cardigan lol 1
wombatG6ET Legacy Donating Member 707 Member For: 14y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: cherrybrook Posted 17/12/12 09:38 AM Posted 17/12/12 09:38 AM welcome to the G6ET club mate, great cars plenty of power and great for cruising I'm hoping I get a new cardigan for crhistmas hopefully one that matches the paint 1
Velvet09 New Member 9 Member For: 13y 9m 16d Posted 17/12/12 09:44 AM Author Posted 17/12/12 09:44 AM Thanks for the welcome Guess I'll have to post a pic of a cardigan if I get one :tommy:
willo88 Member 700 Member For: 14y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 17/12/12 10:38 AM Posted 17/12/12 10:38 AM don't be hatin' I've got a sweet cardy and I'm only 24...trendsetter some would say. First car was a '81 FC LTD and I still have my '83 FD LTD (temporarily off the road for the past 4 years...), maybe not as much presence as the P5 but love those boats alot. welcome aboard
Barnesy Legacy Donating Member 210 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/12/12 11:42 AM Posted 17/12/12 11:42 AM best colour!Congrats on the purchase
Coop450 Member 144 Member For: 14y 4m 6d Posted 17/12/12 09:23 PM Posted 17/12/12 09:23 PM Welcome bud, post up some pics of the car. Cheers Coop.
Velvet09 New Member 9 Member For: 13y 9m 16d Posted 17/12/12 09:36 PM Author Posted 17/12/12 09:36 PM (edited) Thanks for the welcome. I'm a crap photographer but here's a pic... Edited 17/12/12 09:41 PM by Velvet09
mcinnes Legacy Donating Member 393 Member For: 14y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 17/12/12 09:38 PM Posted 17/12/12 09:38 PM Welcome to the forums :D
Coop450 Member 144 Member For: 14y 4m 6d Posted 18/12/12 10:07 AM Posted 18/12/12 10:07 AM Looks nice and clean.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now