Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Hey guys,

Just looking for your input/advice on changing my exhaust.

Currently the car has it's centre muffler chopped out, sounds like absolute crap! Now I want to change it but not back to stock and not sure what to go for. I know I want a deeper, fuller note and something with less "drone", although I know there will be drone regardless.

Current options:

- Put resonator in the centre

- Put centre muffler back, delete rear muffler

- 3.5" Mild Steel cat back

- Dual 2.5" Mild Steel cat back

Not looking into going turbo back, cbf retuning (happy with current power) and spending the extra cash for the dump + cat.

For the cat back options I have chosen MIld Steel as they apparently give a deeper note, which is what I'm looking for and also are a fairly cheap option.

Let me know what you guys think!

Gaz.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Dual 2.5" Mild Steel cat back = no drone.

Edited by Paulie2256
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

X2, xforce twin 2.5 cat back is perfect, no drone and handles plenty of power, AND sounds awesome once carboned up a bit

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

This was what I was leaning towards, not to fussed about the weight of having dual pipes. Think I've seen them for around the low $500's? Might have to wait till after XMAS to give myself a new present though and put up with the atrocity of my exhaust.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

If its for FG xforce dont make twin 2.5" to suit the 6, you have to get the v8 system and make your own merge pipe.

The flanges, collector and pipe (I used 3.5 single from cat to system) was about $100 and welded it up myself.

System was $400 + freight.

Sounds good, not to loud, not to quiet.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

Go for the full xforce exhaust option bud so you dont need to buy any additions down the track. It will cost you abit more but at least everything is all done with the tune. I have a xforce 3.5" twin inlet dump to cat and staright back. No drone in mine but it is a manual though.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I don't want to have to get a retune with the dump and cat though. I'm happy with my current tune/power and have upgraded the cat already. Plus if I go turbo back, I'll end up porting the turbo, upgrading the actuator, retuning etc. I'm trying to keep it relatively cheap without needing to do anything else to the car.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted (edited)

Yes you could be right, xforce website does not list one though, and you cant get twin 2.5" for FG utes, that's why I had to use the v8 exhaust.

The sedan one on ebay seems a bit overpriced, v8 catback was $400. But if it doesn't need modifying could be worth paying a bit more :dontknow:

Edited by egoxr6tute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d
Posted

Rear muffler removal for me and its a pretty good note. Not overly deep but for a 6cyl can't complain at all. Everyone I know with the rear muffler delete is happy with it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...