Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 16d
Posted

Hey guys. This has really been frustrating me. So I took both the rare door trims out of my xr6T FG which was easy and perfectly fine.

but when I try to put it back on the it just does'nt clip on properly and sticks slightly open from the top. (Photos attached). It just feels like some things touching somewhere. But I did spent hours but could'nt figure it out. However I have taken the front trims out and did'nt have any problems putting those back on.

Do I need to put my window down while doing it or something.

Let me know if you guys have faced similar issues or if there is any logic or trick behind this.

Help much appreciated guys.Thanks

post-52029-0-88275300-1352686467_thumb.j

post-52029-0-45284300-1352686519_thumb.j

post-52029-0-78735800-1352686575_thumb.j

post-52029-0-60710100-1352686624_thumb.j

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Looks like the window guide is missing on the inside?

Edit: no its there on second inspection... Sometimes the white clips can bend and hold the trim out are they ok,?

Edited by bionicxr6t05
  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 8d
Posted

I had a mate tint my windows the other day make sure the clips line up to the holes than give it a good hit with the palm of your hand they are a pain in the arse

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 16d
Posted

Yes I did check all the holes and clips match perfectly fine. tried stabbing it inn real hard aswell. just feels like somethings in the way. might just let ford fix it when I take it in for my service.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Castle Hill
Posted

I'm pretty sure there is a lip on the inside of the quarter glass that that the door trim must slide down into from above and the front clips in.

Looks like you have just pushed it in from the side and it is hitting on the lip. Take the trim off and look up inside the top to see.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Yeah, think it has to slide on the lip near the window itself?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...