Handbrake Problems

Frankg

• Member For: 21y 2m

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had the problem of handbrake constantly needing adjustment.!!!

Just before my 15k service the back brakes were scraping pretty badly due to handbrake... I always use my handbrake when parking and never thought it should be a problem ?? (Right)

So after 15k service it was ok but now another 2000ks and back brakes are scraping again!!! ahhhh I hope this is going to continue..??

Any Ideas???

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 3d

Mine went back twice before they got it right, touch wood or head.

Scotty

• Member For: 21y 9m 13d

I have wondered about this - mine don't scrape but were adjusted at 15,000Klms and need adjustment again (20,000Klms).

The embarressing thing is you need to cover hold the car on the foot brake as the handbrake allows it to move in either direction when in gear.

• Member For: 21y 3m 21d

This problem has come to my attention at the dealership where I work quite often so I investigated it a bit further and found that when the vehicles were being serviced and the park brake needed adjusting the tech's were adjusting them incorectly.All they were doing was removing the rear wheels and screwing the adjusters out until the hub starts to bind and then reassembling them.So what I did was referenced the correct adjusting procedure from the workshop manual and found that there is a rather complex procedure that you have to go through to adjust them properly.Then we started adjusting them as per the correct procedure and havent had any trouble since.

Also guys,if anybody knows how to seperate pages from a PDF(Acrobat Reader)document please let me know and I can post the procedure for everyone.

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 26d
Also guys,if anybody knows how to seperate pages from a PDF(Acrobat Reader)document please let me know and I can post the procedure for everyone.

not as easy as it sounds, PDFs are meant to be a secure/uneditable/total documents

I try and print pages to a file, which sometimes works and sometimes not

FordTech - maybe email me the file and I'll try extract the relevant pages

cheers

Rob (blkxrt@hotmail.com)

Guest Scootre
  • Guests

not as easy as it sounds, PDFs are meant to be a secure/uneditable/total documents

I try and print pages to a file, which sometimes works and sometimes not

FordTech - maybe email me the file and I'll try extract the relevant pages

cheers

Rob (blkxrt@hotmail.com)

Errrmmm... actually PDFs are designed to take an entire document - pics, fonts & text flow and retain the way the doc was designed across any platform. It is especially handy because it encapsulates fonts and therefore gets around the issues of having to distribute fonts along with a document which constitutes a breach of copyright.

It is true that PDFs can be made secure - password protected to stop people printing, extracting, saving and so on BUT you have to specifically do that to the original doc. They are not 'locked' as a rule.

So... to extract the pages, you need a pdf authoring package like Adobe Acrobat - which is the commerical equivalent to the freely available Acrobat Reader.

Alternatively, there are freely available PDF progs out there for all platforms (try www.planetpdf.com) or, if you're in to Linux, try some of the packages that came with your distro.

Assuming the creator of the PDF didn't deliberately lock your PDF, then using Adobe Acrobat open the doc and use the extract pages command from the Document menu. Alternatively, save a copy of the doc and then use the 'delete pages' command from the Document menu (the latter is quicker if you have non-contiguous pages).

If you have no luck, PM me and I'll give you an email address to send it to and I'll fix it for you.