NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 28/10/12 08:03 AM Posted 28/10/12 08:03 AM Hey all,Getting my tax back soon and I need a few things repaired on my BA XR6T. I'm just chasing a reliable, trustworthy mechanic that knows about XR6T's. Having a few issues that I want to get sorted all at once, the first time around.I'd usually go to a forum sponsor, but since it's straight mechanical repairs and not performance mods, I thought I'd ask around.Can anyone give me the details of a knowledgeable mechanic that knows XR6T's and isn't going to bs me?Thanks guys,Dan
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 28/10/12 08:17 AM Posted 28/10/12 08:17 AM Performance mods or general maintenance, it would be hard to go past XFT wouldn't it?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/10/12 01:09 AM Posted 29/10/12 01:09 AM Back on topic, threads not for tuner vs tuner only recommendations on good mechanic'sIIRC OP lives 60odd Km's from XFT so XFT may not be the best option for regular servicing.
shano93 Member 12 Member For: 14y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: perth WA Posted 29/10/12 09:57 AM Posted 29/10/12 09:57 AM anyone on here had any work done by street torque in perth? apparently I can get a custom tune for $900 and they dont use a flash box? whats the difference between using a flash box and not using one?I know xtreem ford tuning are very good just trying to see what the price difference is all about.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 14d Posted 29/10/12 10:49 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:49 AM the $900 could be tuning using vcm suite. Only problem with that is you don't have a device to choose different tunes you set as opposed to using a x3. 1
Ace blind leading the blind Member 3,657 Member For: 18y 23d Gender: Male Location: Mt Alford, Queensland Posted 29/10/12 10:51 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:51 AM mate xft are the ultimate. what ever the difference is simon will be worth it 1
shano93 Member 12 Member For: 14y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: perth WA Posted 30/10/12 09:54 AM Posted 30/10/12 09:54 AM thanks guys I will ring xft tomorrow and see what they charge for a custom tune id rather not buy a x3 if I dont have to as I dont think id use it
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 14d Posted 30/10/12 10:44 AM Posted 30/10/12 10:44 AM Plenty of uses for it mate! Just ask Simon at XFT. Good for data logging, re-tuning, etc
NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 01/11/12 02:08 PM Author Posted 01/11/12 02:08 PM Back on topic, threads not for tuner vs tuner only recommendations on good mechanic'sIIRC OP lives 60odd Km's from XFT so XFT may not be the best option for regular servicing.Thanks Ralph,You are correct mate - I do live pretty far away. This thread wasn't meant to start a sh*tfight, or prompt the any tuner vs tuner mumbo jumbo... Thanks.Senna, I understand what you mean mate. I heard recently that Simon had a bit of a back-log of work after the incident at the shop. I was just asking as it's only for mechanical repairs and I don't want to waste Simon's time on basic mechanical repairs if he's already pressed for time.However, in saying that I will give him a call once my tax comes in and see if he's got some time he can allocate to my car.Cheers everyone,Dan
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now