Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hi Guys,

taking my g6et for a stock run down the strip tonight.

Need some advice as to if I shoud maunally shift our just use the auto mode ?

Got it booked in at the shop on Monday so I want to compare the times.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

TC off, stall it up to 2000-3000 and mush that gas pedal

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

So leave it normal auto mode or switch to performance ?

  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 2m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Manual mode with change to second at about 3500rpm or it will hit the limiter.Every other gear 5200rpm ish.TC etc off.

Don't worry about person next to you,don't look at them just do ya own thing.make sure you stage last so you aren't left on the line getting nervous.

Lower tire pressure to 30psi and dont do a to bigger skid,soon as you see smoke get off it.Make sure you do the skid at the end of the water and not the start as water will drip down onto tire at start line.

Have fun is the up most important thing,enjoy!

  • Like 2
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

In car video is the best tip!! You can even see what RPM you shifted at if you aim it right, but it would be great to watch later on just for fun too.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Thanks for all ya tips guys.

First run I was really nervous for some reason choked really bad started skidding on the line way before green lol then miss shifted like every gear haha.

I pulled it together an got a 13.199 on my second run. I couldn't better this time an left very satisfied.

Hopefully my mods are complete before next Wednesday so I can run again and compare.

: Ppost-53640-0-01524800-1351084564_thumb.j

Edited by 96ET
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Heres a video of my run, I was racing my mate with his 12A Rota 323 : )

  • Like 2
  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Not bad stock boy. When you get your mods, drive in manual mode.

Punch the next gear in the sweet spot of the torque curve.

Wasting revs , otherwise.

Speak to your tuner re. set up

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

THanks Buf-Phoon,

I will try that, the 13.199 was achieved whilst in auto mode and I couldnt get bellow 13.7 in manual mode.

I think if I had a few more runs I could of just squeezed into high 12'z.

Good fun : P

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Much like what the others have said- don't do a burnout! Stall it up a bit and use manual mode shifting around the 5200rpm mark. Sometimes you can get the trans to really smack it into 2nd which I think is the difference between a low/flt 13 and a high 12. Removing the spare wheel and dropping tyre pressure is a good idea too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...