Territory Rear Brake Upgrade For Fg?

pac23

• Member For: 18y 2m 21d

yep braided lines and pressure bled them twice. Old fluid was cactus after last track day so spent the time getting it all out.

mushy isn't probably the correct term because there is a good pedal there it's just the feedback isn't there.

I am reading quite a few posts both here and on other forums where they say the 4 piston pedal feel is crap compared to the twin and six piston setups so I am sure it is normal - I haven't ever really had good brakes before and I guess I just expected a rock hard pedal

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 11d

What pads are you running? My 4 potters have a rock hard pedal and IMHO the pedal feel is better than the PBR premiums they replaced. The pedal is lighter obviously but I wouldn't say it lacks feel.

If you pump the pedal and hold it with the engine off does the pedal stay hard?

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 26d

In response to the braided line query above. I just used the standard BA lines (sedan) when I put the territory rears on. A few years on and the brakes still work and I'm alive (for now anyway).

yep pedal is nice and hard when the engine is off.

running EBC redstuff pads on the front and some TWR pads rear.

Using some Liquid intelligence DOT6 brake fluid I bought from mainlube

a lighter pedal is how you would describe it actually, less pedal effort to do what would feel the same amount of braking.

I personally liked a harder pedal with only a small amount of pedal travel required for a normal amount of braking. Because the pedal is lighter I am noticing a larger amount of pedal travel - it may be the same and just feels different I don't know.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

Old_mate wait until you put a few 100kms on them.

I went braided lines too and they felt weird at first. I have read that the brembo pads are rubbish.

I've only put 150kms on mine as I don't have a spare yet so reluctant to drive it with my luck. They are a lot better now thought.

I bled over 1L of fluid through to get all the air out. Which I think I did haha.

Yes I put at least 800ml fluid through it. Only drove it 20 mins to get home so ill see how it goes. Driving to sydney from brisbane Friday so if it was going to get better it will by then.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 8d

Cheers ih8toads..... so do you recommend just purchasing the braided lines suited for the FG (to run to the territory callipers?) or will the territory braided lines work?

I guess I should just be asking the person I end up buying my braided lines off hey? lol

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

RWD Territory lines will suit an FG, I am not sure if the AWD models were the same. If you are buying new braided lines just ask for FG F6 rear lines for the standard 4/1 brake package.

Also it is not recommended to run mismatched lines. If you are going braided do both front and rear at the same time.