Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 03/11/12 02:43 AM Posted 03/11/12 02:43 AM Yea it was a big gamble going with the manual having not driven one but I would definitely recommend it. I heard people say the the clutches were really heavy but I have an old XC fairmont that I've restored and it has a worked 351 with a real heavy clutch in it. The GT is a walk in the park compared to my XC.I also heard people saying they couldn't drive the manuals slow and smooth but I don't seem to have any troubles doin that.The manual gives you heaps more control over the car and is a lot more enjoyable.Having said this I have stalled it a few times. Takes a bit of getting used to driving a manual in a car that has electronic throttle control. Just seems a bit different to my cable controlled throttle carby cars lol.At the same time though it was enjoyable in my auto xr6t to simply put the foot down and let the computer choose a gear, especially when overtaking cars. I still say its a personal choice and depends what your goin to use it for.I would still choose the manual because its a lot more fun and I'm only using the car on weekendsMate, you will not be dissappointed, bloody awesome car, do the track day too, faark!!! what fun. Manual the only way to drive too. Once the warranty is out get the thing performance tuned to get the real performance these motors can be reliably capable of. 1
kochxr6 Member 56 Member For: 15y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: South Australia Posted 03/11/12 04:01 AM Author Posted 03/11/12 04:01 AM Yea I am def keen on the track day. Did u do it? What is involved in it? Is it just doin laps or do they go through different manoeuvres and other exercises?
Spinning Legacy Donating Member 348 Member For: 17y 3m 5d Posted 03/11/12 11:36 AM Posted 03/11/12 11:36 AM HelloToday , I spend driving from one dealer to the another, in short, was offered a RSpec with SatNav @ $80k, in white, red or the black - all in auto. or a GT with SatNav @ $67k .. I agree with the threads on Novated Lease - however, my only concern , is that as I will use the car only on weekends and not as a daily drive - I will have to salary sacrifice a amount based on it being a daily drive - which it will not be. There is no dispute the RSpec with it's piano black finish inside the cabin, and Mustang stripes, is special, however, I think I going to try at screw the price on the GT with SatNav and walk away and not look back.Many thanks for your assistance in this matter 1
CHILLR Legacy Donating Member 186 Member For: 14y 25d Gender: Male Location: Doreen Posted 04/11/12 11:01 AM Posted 04/11/12 11:01 AM Good move. Cannot go wrong there mate!! :-)
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 07/11/12 11:57 PM Posted 07/11/12 11:57 PM
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 08/11/12 02:37 AM Posted 08/11/12 02:37 AM Yeah need pics mate....Hope to have my pics on wednsday.
kochxr6 Member 56 Member For: 15y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: South Australia Posted 08/11/12 06:28 AM Author Posted 08/11/12 06:28 AM Been trying to upload some pics but it won't let me cos they are too big to upload (over 2M) and won't let me. Anyone know a way around this?
djqc Member 291 Member For: 14y 11m 23d Posted 08/11/12 06:54 AM Posted 08/11/12 06:54 AM Photo compressor online. Type it into google
kochxr6 Member 56 Member For: 15y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: South Australia Posted 08/11/12 08:57 AM Author Posted 08/11/12 08:57 AM Ok so heres just a few snaps from the other weekend. Was pretty dirty from the drive but sill looks tough as 1
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 08/11/12 09:15 AM Posted 08/11/12 09:15 AM Very menacing and looks great.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now