Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Westside
Posted

Just want to know who is running one off these capa intercooler and what power

I've got one on my bf xr6 and ready for a tune soon but couple of tuners reckon there crap

I'm not after much power around 270-280

And it only cost me $100 for cooler off a mate

So just want to know who running one. Thanks

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Good coolers,, never had a problem with mine.. Anth also runs one with 320+rwkw and I think a dynomite car runs 10's with one

Is it the direct replacement one?

Edited by freeze_dk
  • Like 2
  • Skid Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If your not aiming for anything over 300 then you should have no drama's.

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

get it at that price....

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Westside
Posted

Sweet thanks guys. I already fitted onto my car and I thought for $100 you can't go wrong.

I've rang couple of tune places and they go its sh*t and that the stick on is better. So I'm pretty confused now on what to do.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

They may be trying to sell you something else mate...although its not the top of the line it does have a good core.

You will find though that it restricts you to keeping the original pipework and intake system. This shouldn't be a problem given your goals...

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Westside
Posted

Lol yeah they tried to. I've changed the cold side and hot side piping with plasamama ones so that should help, I hope.

Also what brand cat are good. Are venom ones on eBay ok

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

yeah their fine- just get a metal cat with no more than 200cpi... 100 is better flowing, but louder.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Just want to know who is running one off these capa intercooler and what power

I've got one on my bf xr6 and ready for a tune soon but couple of tuners reckon there crap

I'm not after much power around 270-280

And it only cost me $100 for cooler off a mate

So just want to know who running one. Thanks

I'm running one and my car made 319rwkw at 12psi and 345rwkw at 14psi. Very consistent in power even after 3 consecutive runs. I'm still runing stock cross over pipes with a square panel K&N filter. That cooler will be more than enough for what your after especially at that price. You can't go wrong!

Edited by 601Turbz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...