doogs8282 Member 22 Member For: 18y 3m 19d Posted 17/09/12 07:29 AM Author Posted 17/09/12 07:29 AM Speaking to a few people about my issue and it is definately related to boost pressure. Must be a leaking joint or split somewhere. I just can't get my head around how it sounds so clear in the cabin, as if the leak is in the cabin, not the engine bay.I really need to start pulling things apart and have a good look around.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 14d Gender: Male Posted 17/09/12 07:46 PM Posted 17/09/12 07:46 PM so you bought the car?
doogs8282 Member 22 Member For: 18y 3m 19d Posted 17/09/12 08:35 PM Author Posted 17/09/12 08:35 PM Yeah, I did. Even with that outstanding issue it was too good to pass up. Silver XR6T 2009 with 95000 km, XR luxury pack, reverse camera, iPod integration kit, tow kit, 5yr unlimited km warranty(I have read the fine print and it actually covers quite a bit), 5 wheels and front and rear lower bar sections painted in Ego...just under 22gdrive away, and they gave me what I wanted for my last car.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Gender: Male Posted 17/09/12 08:39 PM Posted 17/09/12 08:39 PM Have had plenty of fg boosters leak internally, does putting your foot on the brake pedal change it?
doogs8282 Member 22 Member For: 18y 3m 19d Posted 17/09/12 10:45 PM Author Posted 17/09/12 10:45 PM Putting my foot on the brake makes no change. Imstill thinking its boost rather than vacuum as I did notice last night that when I put my hand up to the inside of the window closest to the dash, I can feel the airflow that I'm hearing. Now im almost convinced my problem is inside the car just under the dash. Easy job to pull the instrument cluster? And can I run the car with the cluster removed?
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 14d Gender: Male Posted 18/09/12 12:32 AM Posted 18/09/12 12:32 AM Your busy feeling around for air while you are boosting??? 1
doogs8282 Member 22 Member For: 18y 3m 19d Posted 18/09/12 01:25 AM Author Posted 18/09/12 01:25 AM Pretty much anything over 2grand will produce the fault with accelerating up inclines producing more effect. Not something that only happens with "spirited" driving. Not much of a stretch to place a hand in that vicinity either!
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Gender: Male Posted 18/09/12 01:36 AM Posted 18/09/12 01:36 AM Try removing the line to the booster and see if its still there, brakes will be hard, so if you can reproduce it without driving it thatd be ideal
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 18/09/12 05:25 AM Posted 18/09/12 05:25 AM Lots of little bits of Blu Tak and white thread to show airflow perhaps, like old wind tunnels? hehehe. could have a passenger film it from back seat or something.
doogs8282 Member 22 Member For: 18y 3m 19d Posted 18/09/12 06:08 AM Author Posted 18/09/12 06:08 AM Hey guys, I think the mystery has been solved. Took it to my local ford dealer, they had their road test engineer come for a drive with me and said the front windscreen has been replaced for the dealer to get rwc and hasn't been sealed properly.I'll get it sorted tomorrow and report back.Kinda makes sense now I think about all the symptoms! Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate the input.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now