Adamski Legacy Donating Member 277 Member For: 15y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 02/09/12 10:55 AM Posted 02/09/12 10:55 AM (edited) Hey gents, Went to open the boot today via the remote latch inside the car and also the button on the key and I can hear the latch activating but it won't open. Have also been inside the boot and tried the manual boot release and no joy. Help! How do I get it open?!? Edited 02/09/12 10:56 AM by Adamski
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 02/09/12 10:59 AM Posted 02/09/12 10:59 AM Shove ya kid in there through the backseat.. Call RACQ. They'll have it open in ten minutes..Alternately did you try the release inside while someone tries to lift it from the outside?
Adamski Legacy Donating Member 277 Member For: 15y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 02/09/12 11:10 AM Author Posted 02/09/12 11:10 AM Tried the inside latch mate, no dice. There's no key hole on the outside so not sure what to do now.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 02/09/12 11:19 AM Posted 02/09/12 11:19 AM But inside latch while someone tries to yank it up?..I don't know if the release inside the boot is mechanical or not.. But could it be fuse related?
Adamski Legacy Donating Member 277 Member For: 15y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 02/09/12 11:21 AM Author Posted 02/09/12 11:21 AM Yeah, while they yank it up or push it down, no good. Can here the clicking in the boot so no fuse problems
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 02/09/12 04:24 PM Posted 02/09/12 04:24 PM has your bootlid got a liner on the inside of it or is it bare?I wonder if undoing the few bolts which hold the latch onto the bootlid would do, would it allow the bootlid to open at all?
Adamski Legacy Donating Member 277 Member For: 15y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 02/09/12 05:01 PM Author Posted 02/09/12 05:01 PM No liner in the boot lid mate
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 02/09/12 11:59 PM Posted 02/09/12 11:59 PM I have similar issue boot clicks with the remote key and internal button but will not open.If I press the remote and lift the boot lid at the same time it opens. Go figure
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now