macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 14/08/12 11:15 AM Posted 14/08/12 11:15 AM So I've searched the forums looking for the info I require but it seems 95% of guys here run mechanical boost gauges where I plan to run all electronic. Im usin auto meter coalt gauges, boost and oil pressure but Im at a loss as to how to wire the gauges properly. An earth will be easy to find, key on power I'm not sure about and also where to hook the boost sender upto.. Plan to run the wires out of the grommet on the left hand side of the icc, gonna get a speco oil filter adapter for the oil pressure but yeah any help is greatly appreciated
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Posted 14/08/12 11:50 AM Posted 14/08/12 11:50 AM Wire the power from the cigarette lighter 12v wire and earth to dash crossbrace or similar, earth MUST be good, boost sender wiring should be integral? My drift gauges were
natsxr6 Member 117 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Location: penrith Posted 15/08/12 12:34 AM Posted 15/08/12 12:34 AM As above just lift the surround up from the shifter starting at the center console pull towards the icc only has 6 clips and there's your power wire. Easiest this way
macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 15/08/12 11:55 AM Author Posted 15/08/12 11:55 AM Thanks guys, big help, one more thing, where has everyone mounted the boost sender?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 15/08/12 12:42 PM Posted 15/08/12 12:42 PM T piece off of the thin tube running from the BOV on my BFII - stock intake setup.
macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 16/08/12 10:36 AM Author Posted 16/08/12 10:36 AM Cheers, so one more question, so how is everyone holding their gauges in the holder, I got an saas twin gauge holder but no way to hold the gauges in the holder..
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Posted 16/08/12 10:42 AM Posted 16/08/12 10:42 AM Velcro!
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 16/08/12 01:32 PM Posted 16/08/12 01:32 PM (edited) Double sided tape, only because the provided long bolts and nuts don't line up through holes in the gauges to the pods. This is inside the pods, from rear of gauges. I don't have the same brand gauges. Edited 16/08/12 01:33 PM by -SteveR-
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 17/08/12 02:21 AM Posted 17/08/12 02:21 AM FPV twin mount for the win.All the wiring can go to the ICC and cig lighter to do your full time power, switching power, and dimming circuit. There are threads with the colours stated. It was just the other day someone was asking which wire on ICC for the power or something like that and I did search out the answer for that thread.
Xr6govroom New Member 19 Member For: 13y 24d Gender: Male Posted 10/12/13 07:59 AM Posted 10/12/13 07:59 AM I have a question if I was to buy a new set of gauges boost and a new oil pressure gauge will I need to rewire them up or can I some how use the ones that my car has atm want to replace my crap cheap ones now I have the $$$ any advice much appreciated cheers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now