Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth W.A
Posted

hey guy, im new to the forum

just purchased a fg xr6 turbo black :)

had a few things to ask but this is my main one. the icc unit in my fg is the white coloured one, I was wondering if anyone has changed to the big coloured screen and would I need a new unit or just a new screen. how much will it cost fitted. btw from w.a

cheers!

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Think it's about $2k for the switch? Not sure if its the whole ICC or just the screen.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 14d
Posted

90% sure you need a new ICC. They're about $1500 on ebay (probably cheapest you'll find). Then you need to instal (quite easy to do yourself) but then you need to take the car to Ford (and it won't start lol) and they need to remap the computer to read the new ICC.

$2k seems about right.

And by saying you have a white ICC do you mean the silver? I don't think they come in white? XT is matte black, XR's silver and G6E is gloss black

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Don't no if ba's are different but switching icc's over car WILL start but "code" is displayed on the screen. You then need ford to recode the unit usually under $100.

Edited by Kosij
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 14d
Posted (edited)

I didn't think they would start because the new ICC locks you out and unless you get the code (or re-coded by Ford) it won't let you start the car?

Edited by RHR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If you change the BEM module on the bottom I thought you won't get locked out? Hmmm maybe there is a difference from the ba's don't no just saying from my experience when I removed my single icc and fitted a stacker! It displayed "code" ac worked but no stereo! Maybe call up ford and ask or wait for a more experienced person the respond....

Guest XR09
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

Do a search

One of our sponsers does it. It's an exchange purchase and a lot less than two grand.......that's about what Ford charges

Ba and Fg's are way different

Edited by XR09
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth W.A
Posted

90% sure you need a new ICC. They're about $1500 on ebay (probably cheapest you'll find). Then you need to instal (quite easy to do yourself) but then you need to take the car to Ford (and it won't start lol) and they need to remap the computer to read the new ICC.

$2k seems about right.

And by saying you have a white ICC do you mean the silver? I don't think they come in white? XT is matte black, XR's silver and G6E is gloss black

cheers for that, not sure if its worth doing that or spending the 2k on engine work

I mean I have the white and black screen colour

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth W.A
Posted

Do a search

One of our sponsers does it. It's an exchange purchase and a lot less than two grand.......that's about what Ford charges

Ba and Fg's are way different

yeah thanks, where to I find it?

Guest XR09
  • Guests
Posted

FG ICC upgrade last time I looked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...