ba xr6t nsw Member 9 Member For: 15y 4m 26d Posted 30/07/12 09:46 AM Posted 30/07/12 09:46 AM hey guys, having a bit of an issue that I could use some insight on, stressing me out hardcore. ive had a bit of a read around the forum and ive found a few answers.I have a ba xr6t auto with, plazmaman cold side piping, under battery intake and process west intercooler, 4' dump, 3.5' cat, twin 2.5' pipes, 60lb injectors and have had it tuned in syd. I have nizpro valve spring that il be installing real soon. it made 320kw @15psi and while it valve bounces a bit atm (only under WOT), under moderate to heavy loads ive noticed it spikes boost. gauge goes upto 20psi so its probably spiking higher than that. I figured the culprit would be the wastegate actuator and after reading around abit have found they are quite flimsy and I should upgrade this.what actuators is everyone using and whats working? im leaning towards buying a 12psi actuator. (anyone bought turbo smart?) will I need a retune after this is installed? (I really hope not) do I NEED to do the flapper mod as well or is it reccommended? I will contact my tuner when I get some parts and cash together but just seeing if anyone can offer any advise as I have too many cars and not enough money and this is a real bummer as I havent been able to feel any power this car has practically since ive owned it. plus I dont want it to throw a leg out of course.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 30/07/12 09:50 AM Posted 30/07/12 09:50 AM You REALLY DO need a waste ate port and 12psi actuator AND a retune. Seeing 20psi should scare the I <3 Bananas out of you. ESPECIALLY on a Ba bottom end. 1
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 14d Gender: Male Posted 30/07/12 09:58 AM Posted 30/07/12 09:58 AM Mine has seen 23 psi (bf1 engine) I run 18psi daily... I use a turbosmart iwg75 actuator with 10psi spring combo.... Henz is right though you really should have ported wgate and actuator at your level...
ba xr6t nsw Member 9 Member For: 15y 4m 26d Posted 30/07/12 10:31 AM Author Posted 30/07/12 10:31 AM damn. what boost levels are safe to run without porting? when I got it tuned he said its all good I just need to do the valve springs. since then I have discovered im missing a load of mods that I should have done.
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 30/07/12 10:53 AM Posted 30/07/12 10:53 AM Lol and the tuner said its fine with that much spike? Naaame this tuner
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 21d Gender: Male Posted 30/07/12 10:56 AM Posted 30/07/12 10:56 AM evry car is different,I ran 18psi last time with the std turbo,at 16 now with slightly larger one and zero issues with spike using std flapper/port.
ba xr6t nsw Member 9 Member For: 15y 4m 26d Posted 30/07/12 11:10 AM Author Posted 30/07/12 11:10 AM well honestly I dont know how he got a power figure, everytime I booted it, it bounced. so il be driving granny styles indefinatly. so I dont know, im very worried which direction il take with it as I dont really have the money for it. maybe il just take it somewhere else and get it de-tuned so its running lower boost. looking into my options :( 1
stee3 Member 194 Member For: 15y 3m 16d Posted 30/07/12 11:29 PM Posted 30/07/12 11:29 PM Lol and the tuner said its fine with that much spike? Naaame this tuner Smells like DynoWog! 1
chriso89 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 8m 10d Posted 02/09/12 01:12 AM Posted 02/09/12 01:12 AM did you find u could ease your foot on the throttle to get the boost up around 6 or 7 then punch it it would run fine but if you punched it from the start it would spike like a mo fo? cause im having that problem with my 6 speed t. and I dont know how to go about it. ive changed the accuator could it possibly have something too do with fuel pump? im lost for ideas
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 02/09/12 01:23 AM Posted 02/09/12 01:23 AM What mods? Wastegate ported?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now