spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 22d Posted 17/08/12 06:20 AM Posted 17/08/12 06:20 AM Looks like the fun stuff running wires
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 17/08/12 11:09 AM Author Posted 17/08/12 11:09 AM yeah its not too bad. is alot easier with everything out of the car!
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/08/12 11:22 AM Posted 17/08/12 11:22 AM this ^^^^when I did mine I took nothing out. made life fkn hell. lol
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 19/08/12 01:12 PM Posted 19/08/12 01:12 PM Does your car have a sun roof? I'm wanting to remove mine to sound deaden but it feels like its just the cloth and I'm worried that when I remove it I'll f*ck it. Any tips on this?
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 20/08/12 08:03 AM Author Posted 20/08/12 08:03 AM yeah you will prol ruin it. there are long clips attached to the headlining either end of the sunroof, but the material is just stuck to the front and rear. mine tore when I carefully prized it away in those spots.I sound deadened all the roof I could get to, but did not remove the sunroof itself, so there is some panel above the sunroof mechanism that I could not get to...
MattNaylor Member 9 Member For: 14y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Tauranga, NZ Posted 29/08/12 01:39 AM Posted 29/08/12 01:39 AM Awesome thread! Sorry for the unproductive post but I can't wait to see more of this! Especially keen to see how the black roof looks.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 29/08/12 11:18 AM Author Posted 29/08/12 11:18 AM cheers mate. I have to update soon. the second layer of sound proofing is done, all wires run, carpet is back in and front seats too!piccies and more write ups soon...
spook Legacy Donating Member 180 Member For: 18y 6m 5d Gender: Male Posted 29/08/12 01:50 PM Posted 29/08/12 01:50 PM Looks good mate.Did you feed the high level signal from the front or rear speakers to the Alpine? I ran mine from the rear as it was a shorter run to were it's mounted.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 30/08/12 11:26 AM Author Posted 30/08/12 11:26 AM front and rear speaker wires from the icc will be fed to the alpine. using the rear only may limit the frequency range sent to the processor. so will use all 6 channel inputs.
jrjoz Member 23 Member For: 14y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 01/09/12 05:30 AM Posted 01/09/12 05:30 AM Hey ya, Install looks great.I just installed one of the Apline 660's as well and I think I might swap it out as I want a bit more control.The level sensing remote out is great though as you can change when the music stops on the FG ICC and I couldn't find a 12vt out that changed as you changed the ICC settings.Set up on the unit is pretty easy but I haven't been able to get what I would consider and accurate "flat" tune out of it. The delay times have been fine though.I compared it against a - http://www.phonic.com/en/paa3.html And also the computer software/mic we use to flatten PA systems.The parametric eq onboard is really annoying as the bass/mid/treble bands it uses don't meet. For example, I have a dip at 400hz that I want to bump up just a tad. The bass eq band stops to early to get to it and the mid doesn't go low enough either.When leaving it to do it's own referencing the tune the alpine gives is really bright, I haven't tested the "reference" mic shipped with the kit yet as my bet would be that this is where the problem is.I think I might be expecting too much from a mic shipped with a $300 car processor as most of the reference mic's we do venues with are worth a grand or so.Anyways here are the toys that I have installed and pretty happy with the current results.More install pix at - http://photobucket.com/fgtreatment 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now