Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posted

Can anybody suggest a cheap ABS Scan tool that will check my wheel speed sensors? I think I might have a dodgy one with my speedo / TC / ABS issue I am having occasionally after my tune.

I'm in NZ so will need to purchase one from Ebay.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Whats the issue? Ba/fg? Theres no cheap diagnostic tool that will display real time wheel speed signals, snap on ethos is 1500+ that will do it...

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posted (edited)

BF with ZF

The same issue that a few guys have had on here:

Give the car some gas and some warning lights on the dash come up then the speedo dies and the car goes into some kind of limp mode until you reset the key.

Makes no difference if the TC is on or off and it only does it under heavy load every now and again.

I have spent hours reading threads on here and have come to these possible reasons:

- ABS unit faulty

- Wheel speed sensor faulty

- Bad battery earth

- Bad battery

- Coils breaking down

- Incorrect gap on plugs

I'm not sure if anybody has definitely fixed this problem....

I have a Launch C Reader 6:

http://www.ebay.com/...d2a5240&vxp=mtr

Which reads standard codes excluding the ABS system so it says the car has no error codes at all.

I was thinking of this unit:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

Would this unit read the ABS codes?

Edited by maccanz
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Not sure about that unit but I had the same issue in a bf f6 with zf about 6 months ago and it was a stuffed battery, under load all the electrolyte in the battery would move to the rear wall and open circuit the battery, put new battery in allgood

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posted

Any more suggestions from people?

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posted

So to close this thread off, turns out it was my battery causing all the speedo issues. I got it checked and it had 80% life in it. Put a new one in it and it has been fine since. Seems these cars are very sensitive with batteries.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posted

Just ask bionicxr6t05 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC
Posted

He knows his sh*t.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, Queensland
Posted

Start off making sure the wheel and tyres specs are set in the tune correctly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...