turbomuzz

• Member For: 11y 11m 19d

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and new to Fords in general.

Ive bought a 09 FG XR6 turbo ute manual.. I just want be recommended some workshops that do packages to make a fair bit more power. Im looking at making about 350kw at the wheels. I work in mackay on a roster but my car stays on the sunny coast and I want to get work done on my car while im away. So, any suggestions?

All help appreciated.

Anyone that responds, but doesnt really help.... well... eat a dick!

cheers.

• Like 2

well seriously, ive been on forums before and alot of crap gets said without any real help being added to the person whom posted it. just didnt want to wait 5 pages through a hijacked thread to say it. ok?..... good?.... cheers.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 24d

This isnt boostcruising mate ask your question and it will be answered no need for the comments... As for the topic any workshop can put together a good package, your better off doing your research on what is required to get to the level your desire. Clinton at profile autosports in brisbane will get you there safe and happy

• Like 3

Thankyou for the responses. Im not tarring everyone with the same brush. Its just that so many people obviously have too much time on their hands and a simple question about intercoolers (for example) can turn into a war over crust over crust-less sandwiches..you get me? wasnt trying to offend any particular person or group of people. Just wanted my question answered in a simple concise post. Like I said, new to fords. So Nizpro and Capa are the main websites I have found that do decent drive in drive out packages but I havent found anything in SE qld.

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 29d

Alright straight answer:

350 needs a bigger turbo.2k Which means bigger injectors, cooler, exhaust, tune. Might aswell do oil pump gears, input shaft, valve springs. Theres another 6-7 im guessing Doing it yourself.

With that power may aswell go better tail shaft, brakes, tyres. There's some more money.

Aim for maxing out small turbo and you won't need half those things. Tuned with a nice fat midrange torque curve will sh*t on 350 tuned for top end on the street for drivability.

Moral of the story. Use the search. Research a bit before cause you sound a bit aggressive and I don't think you have even trie to find out for yourself. As for packages? Might as well source your own bits so you can get the package your after.

Cheers

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 29d

Not being rude or blunt but there is SH*TLOADS on packages for reaching power levels for our fg's bud! Well, there's actually info on really anything you can think of on here already!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 26d

:welcome2: turbomuzz

Looks like you'll fit in well, best to just weed-out the precious people first and get straight to the point. :spit:

If you want a drive-in-drive-out package your best bet would be to find a tuner first and then go with their recommendations. They'll go with what they are comfortable/familiar with and you should have minimal hassles.

Probably not the most thrifty way to do it though.

• Like 3