Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 02/05/12 05:20 AM Posted 02/05/12 05:20 AM Hey guys I know this has been done a million times before but need some help choosing a 245/35r19.Different to the usual threads, rather than more grip I need longer lasting tyres, being a uni student I can't afford to be replacing tyres too often!I've been through Nexen n6000's n they were ordinary and currently have Maxxis MA-Z1's. they're better but the insides seem to scrub out pretty bad and the wheel alignment is fine and I run 40psi. From what I've read achillles ATR Sports are a good option. Any other good options in this mid range?Cheers 1
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 02/05/12 08:18 AM Posted 02/05/12 08:18 AM hey buds I use achillies and I get pretty good use out of them..id also look into something a little dearer like some michilens,continentals,yokahama & perelli's,there not on the same price guide as the others youve used but are much better..also it would help if you right foot wasnt so heavy either.lol
FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/05/12 09:10 AM Posted 02/05/12 09:10 AM Pirelli P-zero Nero! Got 50,000 out of a set on my mums car with 18's and I've got them at the front of my FG 25k and still look brand new. $250 each but well worth it for longetivity and wet weather performance. No grip for the rear though...different story
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 03/05/12 12:20 AM Author Posted 03/05/12 12:20 AM Yea well it rains a lot in Canberra so can't help the led foot, just lucky im still in an NA, dont get my turbo for a few more months lol. Gee that's alright for the P-zero Nero's, I paid $260 each for the MA-Z1's! I managed to find those achilles for $290 for 2 delivered, just gotta get them fitted (should only be like $30-$40). Still worth spendiing the extra cash on better tyres or try these for that price?Like I said I'm not in a turbo (yet!) so grip isnt a big issue. Plus no doubt ill tear through my first set of tyres on the turbo so the cheaper the better for the first set lol.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 03/05/12 12:22 AM Author Posted 03/05/12 12:22 AM Oh and EFSIX how many km's do you get out of the achilles? I guess everyones perception of 'long lasting' is different
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 19d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/12 03:56 AM Posted 03/05/12 03:56 AM I melted my p zeros heaps quicker than the Achilles And to be honest the Achilles preform as good if not better in every respect other than road noise and ease of steering when parking.
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 03/05/12 11:07 AM Posted 03/05/12 11:07 AM Oh and EFSIX how many km's do you get out of the achilles? I guess everyones perception of 'long lasting' is differentI have to be honest buds,ive never in my life checked how long tyres last me as when I drive the car I tend to get a bit exited unlike when the cheif drives.I can tell you her old car I purchased a set of 20' achelies and I never changed them as she drove the car for about a year and a half,rear tyres did get camber wear though from being too low..that's why now on my f6 ive chosen achillies aswell.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/05/12 11:22 PM Posted 03/05/12 11:22 PM Falken 328 or something (can't remember the exact number) will last you for ages, cheap too. Grip not the best though...
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 04/05/12 12:09 AM Author Posted 04/05/12 12:09 AM Well guys just ordered the achilles! $260 for 2 delivered from thewheeldeal.com.au! By the sounds of it they'll be more than enough for grip on my car. Going to also try them on my old mans 260rwkw GT to try get some idea of if they'll be any good for my turbo when I get it.Thanks for your advice and help guys!
Jake F6 Legacy Donating Member 327 Member For: 23y 2m 21d Location: Melbourne Posted 04/05/12 11:34 AM Posted 04/05/12 11:34 AM Let us know how they go.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now