Looking To Buy A Bf F6 - A Little Scared, Always Loved Fords..

Black_S15

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 3d

Is there a specific part for this oil line and where can you get it. I was going to get the filter replaced but our local Ford was out of stock. I'm sure it was mentioned on here they were about $60 but my mechanic was quoted $100 from Ford.

Sorry for moving slightly off topic.

remove the fitting from the block, remove the circlip, remove the screen, replace the fitting.

cheap fix

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 26d

remove the fitting from the block, remove the circlip, remove the screen, replace the fitting.

cheap fix

Thanks, I think I'm keen on that replacement hose though. Cheap insurance really.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d

I wouldnt have a prob with buying one with some bolt ons already done. hell cheaper than buying a stocky then adding them at retail price....

as many others have, I have modified my car plenty, and would recommend anyone buy it (if I was selling). I dont baby it either, though I do treat it with respect.

as long as a car has a detailed history and been tuned by a reputable workshop (if not sure do search on forum for particular workshop) I dont see an issue.

most modified f6's will be the same price or close to as stockies.

if the history is sketchy or not available, then avoid it.

ask to see dyno charts and if not sure what you are looking at then post it up. we'll help with info on the afr's/ tune etc.

remember that an f6 can make 300+rwkw with injectors, pump, cat and tune.

and if not sure on something- ask! theres no such thing as a dumb question- just getting into trouble because of not asking!

go for it- happy hunting...

scott

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 13d

I have a good 1 4 sale its on carsales yellow bff6 $32500 ono check my gallery my cars r well looked after great history I am mature lol & its qik. :sungum:

Edited by SPYDR

• Member For: 14y 2m 18d

cheers scott, yep I dont mind at all buying something already modified.... the only problem is im still relatively new to the F6 and 4.0 barra. if we were talking SR20s id know exactly what bolt ons id want and what type... so im thinking for my first FPV id just go stock and unmodified - I know it wont be remaining stock for long.

BF F6's come with 270 at the flywheel, id say that's close to 220 rwkw?? so if injectors, fuel pump, just a CAT + tune gives 300rwkw id says that's pretty good gain with minimum mods.

lol looking only in NSW mate

what do you guys think of this one? I have my heart set on it.. something about those black rims on black that really make it look hot and raw!

http://www.carsales....ice:Min,Max~0.5

well be heading down to Wollongong on saturday to check it out. if its clean and has a solid service history its a good chance ill have myself an F6 by the weekend fingers crossed

Edited by Black_S15

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 13d

Looks like a nice clean original honest car, but I would go 2007 onwards as better internals but its all about how much your willing to spend at the end of the day.

Best of luck this one here is one I would be buying in an instant if I had the room and its bang for buck as its a rare colour and its a RSPEC 1 of 300 built.

Same colour as the car in my avartar and look how good it looks with dark argents. I bought it back then sight unseen hambuger with the lot sold it last year and miss it.

http://www.carsales....t&cr=2&__N=1246 1247 1252 1282 1216&silo=Stock&find=bf f6|CarAll

Edited by nick d

• Member For: 14y 2m 18d

Nick d,

I had a Lool at that r spec, looks nice and clean and unmodified however the deal breaker for me instigating it has 119,000km as opposed to 69,000kn. 50,000km is a massive difference...

2007 onwards better internals. ? Are you saying bf mk11s have better internals.

• Member For: 12y 15d

As a fellow F6er I can give you some pointers

If it has work done to it and they say is more than 330rwkw make sure the motor has replaced internals.

The oil feed lines is a definate they are only about $150 on Ebay

If the car has k's around the 100k's ask if the gearbox has been serviced because the service costs about $750

DEFINATELY GET IT CHECKED BY A QUALIFED INSPECTOR/NRMA

I did not and after 4 weeks have a cracked piston and a rebuild costing around 6 grand

But they are one hell of a car !!!!!!!