nathos Member 26 Member For: 16y 8m 2d Posted 12/04/12 12:35 PM Posted 12/04/12 12:35 PM I bought a bf2 zf xr6t today with 95000kmThe cars tranny seems fine except under wot the car will rev to red line and sit there refusing to change.To get it to change, it needs to be backed off the accelarator or manually changed. The gears change fine on hard throttle although it won't change on full throttle.I'm starting to get worried and think I bought a dud. I've done a search and can't find anythingCould anyone tell me how deep I'm in? Do I need a rebuild? Or is this a common problem with an easy fix?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 12/04/12 12:38 PM Posted 12/04/12 12:38 PM (edited) sounds about right. mine used to let me hit the limiter at wot Edited 12/04/12 12:38 PM by Paulie2256
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/04/12 12:38 PM Posted 12/04/12 12:38 PM has the car been tuned?
nathos Member 26 Member For: 16y 8m 2d Posted 12/04/12 01:04 PM Author Posted 12/04/12 01:04 PM Hey guys thanks for the quick replys!The car isn't tuned as far as I know. It's stock with a kn pod filter and the car is x-police car, I'm unsure if the police have a different tune?By hit the limiter I mean, it hits the limiter and sits on the limiter, until you release the accelarator, Like if I held the accelerator down, it would stay in gear.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 12/04/12 01:25 PM Posted 12/04/12 01:25 PM Pretty much. At the drags I had to back off a bit or change manually. Changing manually gave me a better time. Never really did it when car was stock so can't say if a tune is relevant in this case.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 22d Gender: Male Posted 13/04/12 08:18 AM Posted 13/04/12 08:18 AM try disconnecting the battery for awhile to reset the box ecu?
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 13/04/12 11:32 AM Posted 13/04/12 11:32 AM (edited) Its certainly not right though. If disconnecting the battery doesnt work I'd start by dropping the trans pan and having a look at whats in there and if there's no obvious extra parts or damage in there, doing a trans oil flush and going from there. They're supposedly sealed for life boxes but after 100 000 kms I know my trans oil was f*cked.EDIT: Did it have a full tank of fuel? My old BA XR6 N/A wouldnt shift one day under WOT and I was about ready to pull the box out until I refueled and it went away. Engine was starving for fuel and couldnt get to its shift point I think it was. that's with the old 4sd though, I dont know if the zf with the turbo motor would do the same? Just one of my experiences. Edited 13/04/12 11:38 AM by knoles
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 22d Gender: Male Posted 13/04/12 12:36 PM Posted 13/04/12 12:36 PM Check to see what diff gears you have, it should have 2.73 gears, anything shorter (higher in number) and you will hit the limiter before the gear change
nathos Member 26 Member For: 16y 8m 2d Posted 13/04/12 12:53 PM Author Posted 13/04/12 12:53 PM Thanks for the repliesThe battery is 1 day old so I'm guessing the ecu has already Been reset, should I disconnect it again?When I did it the car had just been filled up from empty(no fuel at all) and I'm to scared to try again as it sat on the limiter and then when I backed off the car made a massive bang coming from the rear end. I tried it twice and am too scared to try again.How do I check the diff gears? I'm sure it's the standard gearbox as it was originally a cop car and I know they are auto.I'm planning on servicing the auto when the next service is due (5000km) hopefully that will fix itThe car changes gear perfectly through all gears if 0-90% throttle is used , just wot doesn't want to work
Ciaran Thooperrrrrrr Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: NOR, Western Australia Posted 13/04/12 01:14 PM Posted 13/04/12 01:14 PM I think I read somewhere that cop cars had different diff gears - dont hold me to that though.Hope you get it sorted man, the ZF is a beast of a trans.If flushing it doesnt work and gears are correct, maybe get yourself an Xcal3 flash tuner and bring it to a ZF tuner to see if they can see what the go is.Where are you located?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now