Backmarker Member 46 Member For: 16y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dubbo Posted 14/04/12 12:39 AM Posted 14/04/12 12:39 AM If I remember correctly, the T56 was developed for the Dodge Viper when it was being designed around 1990. An 8 litre V10 was a big deal back then. I was into Chrysler stuff back then and had Chargers and Hemis. The driveline out of the Viper became popular for transplants in Challengers etc. Especially the gearbox. It was still rare and expensive back then, so when Ford and GM started using it in our everyday cars it became a lot cheaper and easier to get a good box for our old muscle-cars. Now they are everywhere.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/04/12 12:44 AM Posted 14/04/12 12:44 AM ^yes your right, I got my corvettes and my vipers mixed up....
Backmarker Member 46 Member For: 16y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dubbo Posted 14/04/12 12:45 AM Posted 14/04/12 12:45 AM Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep have also always had Dana diffs in their cars which required a strong diff. Dana 60, 44 etc. Guess what our Falcons and Commodores have also been using.
Backmarker Member 46 Member For: 16y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dubbo Posted 14/04/12 12:47 AM Posted 14/04/12 12:47 AM That is ok Ralph.They are both awesome cars and I would settle for either one in an instant. Being there is the advantage of being a bit older. As long as my memory doesn't go.
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/04/12 01:39 AM Posted 14/04/12 01:39 AM Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep have also always had Dana diffs in their cars which required a strong diff. Dana 60, 44 etc. Guess what our Falcons and Commodores have also been using.The Ford diff is very very loosely based on the the Dana 44 however basically any USA Dana 44 part will not fit out diff's! Hence why Harrop had to modify the truetrac to fit our hemispheres!
thunderbirdsc Member 6 Member For: 14y 5m 28d Posted 14/04/12 10:45 AM Author Posted 14/04/12 10:45 AM does no one know anything about the bellhousing pattern? before I pursue anything any further I have to know that. I have contacted Atomic and dragonslair with no answer from them about compatibility to my available US transmissions
Backmarker Member 46 Member For: 16y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Dubbo Posted 14/04/12 02:05 PM Posted 14/04/12 02:05 PM I never knew that. I only knew they were Dana M86. Didn't know ours was similar to the Viper's 44 diff. Good work Veva. You sure do know your diffs.
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 20d Gender: Not Telling Posted 14/04/12 02:38 PM Posted 14/04/12 02:38 PM does no one know anything about the bellhousing pattern? before I pursue anything any further I have to know that. I have contacted Atomic and dragonslair with no answer from them about compatibility to my available US transmissionsBrandon, JVK in his previous post has answered your question, Your transmission will not bolt up to our engine.
Weaponxr Legacy Donating Member 624 Member For: 15y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/04/12 03:33 PM Posted 14/04/12 03:33 PM Brandon, JVK in his previous post has answered your question, Your transmission will not bolt up to our engine.Not without a custom bell housing
Weaponxr Legacy Donating Member 624 Member For: 15y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/04/12 03:36 PM Posted 14/04/12 03:36 PM Wouldnt the ford 6 cylinder bell housing be similar to the old mustang 6 cylinder engine??? Since our 6 cylinder was originally from Canada in the 60's, which in turn was also a mustang engine? Just a stab in the dark and im not sure if the bell housing has changed since the early ford 6 cylinders.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now