Btr 4Spd Failing Going Into 3Rd Taking It To 6Th Rebuild

KeddyXR6T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 22d

3rd gear is the weak spot and the tune can help with prolonging the life of the box. Regular services make a big difference too. Mine was built by Yarra Valley autos aswell and has been pretty good for almost 3yrs with 318rwkw. I dont thrash the sh*t out of the thing everyday though,so if you do,it wont help either. 40,000km out of a box that's been thrashed on a regular basis is probably pretty good.

A good point that's while ill wait and see what the intermediate clutch packs look like. I started just before and had a listen sounds like the converter is pretty noisy :banghead:

• Donating Members

Yarra valley built my auto, but they've had failures too, mines one of 3 still going, bayswater transmissions actually do a bit more to them, and he'll build my next one when this one goes.

I Rang around today, first I spoke to northern diffs had taken the box to jim waltons automatics so there going to call me tomorrow as there still away today. Ive thought about and I think ill just change builders rather then f*ck around so ive rang yarra valley and bayswater autos the price is pretty much the same who do you think I go to you have a valley box in it at the moment but who would you choose the only reason I ask is cause your pushing allot more then me and have done so without problem

• Donating Members

Aaron at DTM. Proven record, spoken to the guy and he does a similar trick that I do. Not everyone knows how to build this box. There are a few tricks, without knowing what they are, you wont get it to hold for long. Aaron knows.

I would but for what im pushing (300rwkw daily driver) it dose not make sense to use that type of converter and valve body setup even though it would be fun to have the full manual. That setup is really noticeable down low revs I would only have my license a month of the year but ....

• Donating Members

Bayswater autos also said that in a few months he would have a box with improved shafts and planatries is this what your waiting for xr6t_ute

• Donating Members

they can be reliable if your tuner sets up your boost to be 4spd friendly like mine was, my first tune killed my 4spd the day I picked it up because the boost came on hard.

You have opened a can of worms there lol so thought ha been put into it and ...........

I think I might give a new tuner a go to probs dyno-mite as there out my way

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 1d

Jimmy Walton autos are Very good heaps of cars with big power go there he has been building em for like 40 years but they ain't cheap but you get what you pay for