patrick1234 Member 39 Member For: 14y 7m 19d Posted 12/02/12 02:57 AM Posted 12/02/12 02:57 AM Hello im new here as I just got a xr6 turbo ute, everything is sweet with it but im keen on doing this boost solenoid thing, but the pictures dont work, if someone could get me a photo of the boost solenoid it would be much appreciated. Cheers pat
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/02/12 09:52 AM Posted 13/02/12 09:52 AM hi mate, sorry for the broken pictures, they are all working now. needed to upgrade the server.Enjoy the new found power after the mod.
patrick1234 Member 39 Member For: 14y 7m 19d Posted 13/02/12 11:31 AM Author Posted 13/02/12 11:31 AM Thanks, il let you know how I go
patrick1234 Member 39 Member For: 14y 7m 19d Posted 14/02/12 11:07 AM Author Posted 14/02/12 11:07 AM Did it this afternoon and noticed a slight increase
patrick1234 Member 39 Member For: 14y 7m 19d Posted 08/03/12 06:29 AM Author Posted 08/03/12 06:29 AM Hello Patrick here, I've got a few questions about some maintenance I'm going to do on my 2006 xr6 turbo ute They are :1.cleaning throttle body2.boost leak test3. o2 sensor 1. Just wanted to know what throttle body cleaner you guys recommend and if you have to take off the ford inter cooler pipes to get into the body2. Boost leak test, have you guys made one before or did you buy it? and was it relatively easy 3. o2 Sensor, which one did you guys get, eg best brand type? Is there two sensors I can see one but heard there is two. Reason being my fuel consumption is dismalAny help would be great, thanks Pat.
broke Legacy Donating Member 229 Member For: 14y 11m 14d Gender: Male Posted 08/03/12 09:58 AM Posted 08/03/12 09:58 AM (edited) AFF has a good sticky on the TB clean. Edited 08/03/12 11:18 AM by Ralph Wiggum
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 08/03/12 10:32 AM Posted 08/03/12 10:32 AM 1- Wynns throttle body and carby cleaner, take off whatever you have to to get at the throttle. Depends what you've changed under the bonnet, see that sticky mentioned above. On mine I have to remove pipes from turbo and cooler to the crossover on top, then take crossover off (mind the BOV). 3)-I replaced the engine bay O2 sensor with a bosch one from ebay, cost bugger all, $66 posted. Bought it from seller automotiveheaven03There is another one further down the exhaust (is this BFs only?) but I am tuned and I'm told they turn it off during tuning to avoid it throwing error codes.
NRGIZE Member 45 Member For: 14y 7m 27d Gender: Male Posted 08/03/12 11:07 AM Posted 08/03/12 11:07 AM (edited) nice info guys will be doing the above also.after cleaning throttle body has anyones car run smoother etc?has anyone noticed a better result after buying a new O2 sensor?cheers Edited 08/03/12 11:10 AM by NRGIZE
patrick1234 Member 39 Member For: 14y 7m 19d Posted 08/03/12 11:11 AM Author Posted 08/03/12 11:11 AM Hey thanks for the replies, il check out that thread on the tb thanks, My car came with a tune when I bought it but I dont know any more than that and yeah it is just a bf, il try one of the bosch ones so thanks for that, yeah also il have to take off my cross over off to get to it. Thanks
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 08/03/12 11:39 AM Posted 08/03/12 11:39 AM I had improved idle after changing o2 sensor. Mine is possibly valve spring related as well though, bad idle (BAD...like a massive cam) after giving it a bit of herbs, but only happens one in a hundred mashes of throttle.Throttle body I've always done with boost solenoid lubing so can't comment on it alone.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now