New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 13y 8m

Gday guys,

A new addition to the turbo discussion here. Currently hunting down a ford XR6 Turbo, hope to find one in the coming months.

Currently drive a Ford BA XT which will be sold to my brother, but excited to jump into a i6 powerhouse soon :rolleyes:

Anything to look out for when looking at late model BF XR6s? looking for a MK2.5 last build, or alternatively a 2008 FG if its under 30k.

heres my current BA XT before it was tinted.

28135_386784981546_663926546_4023863_153906_n.jpg

Can't wait to get into a xr6t,

dekay

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

Not at all mate, late BF 2 or FG is the way to go. Auto or Manual?

Oh and welcome.

• Member For: 13y 8m

Cheers. Probably an Auto if I cant find a Manual. Struggling to find anything but the ZF gearbox, which is a fine gearbox from what I heard. I would rather a manual, all depends on what I can find.

Edited by Buf-Phoon
quote removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 7m 23d

Hi Guys,

Just bought my first muscle Ford - new FG XR6T after owning a few commodores prior. Pick it up tommorow and can't wait!

I just hope the ZF is as good as what all you guys are saying as it is also my first auto (love manuals but got a good deal on this car) and that is the only thing that I am worried I will dislike .... we shall see

Cheers

• Member For: 13y 7m 24d

hey guys im a newb to the site an new to the turbo ford scene bought a bf xr6 turbo ute bout a month ago . loving the acceleration on boost. few issues though with oil leaking around turbo on to exhaust burning oil smell annoying . also when I bought it it had a airfilter straight on front of turbo is this safe and could this have something to do with oil leak .anyone know a good turbo mechanic tune shop in darwin ?

im jez anyway any help advice welcome cheers

• Member For: 13y 8m 9d

Hey all,

This is my 1st post,

I got a 03 XR6T 130k on the clock, bought it 3 weeks ago, loving it, I only drive it on weekends and some times for highway driving, my other car is (no joke) a 04 Hyundai Getz 3dr, it my daily driver, so I can hardly wait for the weekends now!

car b4 that was a BF XT on Gas, loved it, but got too many k's on the clock and had to go :(

You'll be seeing me all over this place this is the best XR6 forum on the web! My hat off to "The Boss"

this is my Baby...

post-41741-128351810934_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 13y 8m 6d

Hey there all....First Post...

Ordered my XR50 Turbo Manual about 3 weeks ago and just dropped into the dealer for some paperwork and found a surprise waiting on the showroom floor.

Hopefully have all the finance and stuff sorted out this week and will have it by next weekend....then it will be time to find excuses to go for a drive somewhere!

post-41775-128357020888_thumb.jpg

post-41775-128357026022_thumb.jpg

Edited by frogg

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 8d

hey guys new to this

I drive a 04 ba xr6-t

im around the geelong area in vic

hope to see yas around

post-39210-128386073966_thumb.jpg

post-39210-128386073226_thumb.jpg

Edited by XR6T-Rav