Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 01/02/12 10:08 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:08 AM Well we drive on the left side so when the car looses traction its instinct to steer toward the right because you are trying to stay on the road. you do this without even realizing it.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 01/02/12 10:26 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:26 AM Add to that the unless you're going around a right hand bend the road will always slope left..
harvo Member 50 Member For: 15y 8d Posted 01/02/12 10:28 AM Author Posted 01/02/12 10:28 AM Yeah fair enough, thanks mateMight have to hit the skid pan at eastern creek to get a good feel for it and what its going to do
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 01/02/12 10:31 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:31 AM Excellent idea!
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 01/02/12 10:37 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:37 AM 300+ in ute in wet = hyundai excel leaving me for DEAD.hey paulie with what you were sayin bout oil pump gears, whys free revving, ie missing a gear and hitting limiter, also so bad for them?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 01/02/12 10:49 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:49 AM I have done this before. Hitting the limiter in neutral is not as bad as hitting the limiter under load and definately not as aggressive as tc but you have to keep in mind that the rotating mass of a big 4L 6 is a lot higher than that of a 4 banger so best to avoid the limiter completely. I am definitely upgrading my oil pump gears when I get a chance. You can also get the oil pump modded to flow more which helps a lot.
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 01/02/12 10:52 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:52 AM when I had street tyres I spent most the time on the limiter...
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 01/02/12 10:55 AM Posted 01/02/12 10:55 AM Hahahah I would advise against it with the slicks
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 01/02/12 11:02 AM Posted 01/02/12 11:02 AM the slicks dont spin... I should be in bed... nigh nighs xxx
Barra Legacy Donating Member 467 Member For: 17y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 02/02/12 07:25 AM Posted 02/02/12 07:25 AM (edited) mate tc is absolutely useless once cars been modded. if u want to skate, turn it off. im not sure if its the same as fg though where turning it off turns off stability control, ie abs and sh*t though...I hate traction control with a passion. my et streets are my traction control...Is that true? I'm wondering if this is true,.... would breaking hard in a straight line be less effective with TC off?? I know I can get it very sideways controlled with it off so stability controll agree with, which should include auto braking to center the car in an out of controll state? Hope that makes sense been a long day at work. Edited 02/02/12 07:25 AM by Barra
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now