Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 5d
Posted

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered already I have searched

I just brought a BF ute with a few mods already done, Its the first kind of serious car ive owned.

So its pretty much rained continually since I got it and I havent been game to turn the t/c off and was wondering how bad it is to, umm, abuse it for lack of a better word. It'll spin 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the wet or dry with ease. Just want to make sure its not going to freak out the electrics.

Cheers Dan

  • You've changed man....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805
Posted (edited)

spins 3rd in dry with tc on? with ease?

can I have a drive?

mate tc is absolutely useless once cars been modded. if u want to skate, turn it off. im not sure if its the same as fg though where turning it off turns off stability control, ie abs and sh*t though...

I hate traction control with a passion. my et streets are my traction control...

Edited by STAINOnegger
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 5d
Posted

Yeah the tyres probably dont help not sure what sort power its putting out on low boost but it punches out just over 390 kw at the rears on high(havent gone there yet). Going through a malwood clutch and kaaz 2 way locks up pretty hard.

  • You've changed man....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805
Posted

But out of interest. Good question. What happens, if anything, if you constantly spinning with tc enabled? What will it damage? Think I asked this once before.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted (edited)

If you have tc on and spin them up enough it will slam the brakes on and cut power. If your at wot in a manual the oil pump gears go BANG.

If you have power turn tc off.

Edited by Paulie2256
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

How if it cuts your power? It will come in and out and yeah that will break sh*t quick I guess.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted (edited)

There is huge pressure at the oil pump at high revs. Imagine the revs dropping in an instant because the brakes got slammed on due to tc. The oil pump revs will drop just as quick. The pressure blows the gears to bits.

Edited by Paulie2256
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 5d
Posted

I was thinking along those lines too but I think I'll leave it on untill it stops raining and keep it off boost. Just out of intrest ive noticed when it dose brake traction it always goes to the left? Just the camber of the road or could it be something else?

Cheers guys

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted

You mean the rear goes to the left or the car turns left?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...