Flynnbob Member 8 Member For: 14y 10m 14d Posted 29/11/11 03:57 AM Author Posted 29/11/11 03:57 AM All the high flow cats are the same. There is little or no technology in them, its just a filter. Just get a 5inch 100cpi of the cheapest brand you can find, then you will never have to change it.EBay have them for about $170 delivered (when I nearly bought one, decided against it), venom cat I think it is.what size input/output do I need? I tried googling but I'm working away at the moment and on a....average...computer and cant find anything..
The Outsider Legacy Donating Member 1,205 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Burwood, NSW Posted 29/11/11 03:59 AM Posted 29/11/11 03:59 AM what do you guys think of the x-force 4" dump pipe and hi-flow metallic cat?cant comment on the xforce as I went with the SMB stealth setup, will be fitting it up in a few weeks so can do a review after that.plenty of others have gone the xforce and seem very happy with it.as far as value goes I think it would have to be up there.the SMB is not what I would call a cheap alternative
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 29/11/11 04:04 AM Posted 29/11/11 04:04 AM All the high flow cats are the same. No they are not
The Outsider Legacy Donating Member 1,205 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Burwood, NSW Posted 29/11/11 04:06 AM Posted 29/11/11 04:06 AM All the high flow cats are the same. There is little or no technology in them, its just a filter. Just get a 5inch 100cpi of the cheapest brand you can find, then you will never have to change it.that's not exactly correct is it now?all cats will eventually die so will need replacing at some stage, usually at around 100,000klms.and not all 100cpi cats are made of the same material, some will actually last longer than others and flow more power.
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 5d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/11 04:07 AM Posted 29/11/11 04:07 AM (edited) Flynnbob, it will depend what dump you buy and what exhaust you have. Obviously if you have a four inch dump you will want a cat with 4inch inlet/outlet (preferably mated to a 4inch exhaust - like, Nizpro), and if you have standard, then its 3 inch in and twin 2.25 out (which are hard to find - but they can give you what you need (or the exhaust place will modify) so it will connect regardless). When you know your inlet/outlet sizes, just contact the seller of high-flow Cats and they will give you what you need :sungum: Edited 29/11/11 04:16 AM by CBXRT 1
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 5d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/11 04:08 AM Posted 29/11/11 04:08 AM (edited) Yes that's technically correct Ratter, but ultimately they do almost the exact same job and generally speaking, 100psi and largest diameter is the best and easist way to go IMO to save changing when making future upgrades. Edited 29/11/11 04:10 AM by CBXRT
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 29/11/11 04:16 AM Posted 29/11/11 04:16 AM The quality varies quite abit, that's why the cheaps ones can be cheap and why they fail quite often
JGP Legacy Donating Member 309 Member For: 16y 1m Gender: Male Posted 29/11/11 04:34 AM Posted 29/11/11 04:34 AM from personal experience,I have a venom 4" with standard exhaust. sound change is cold starts, much louder, give it throttle and it howls abit more nothing major though. I have heard of cheaper cats falling apart. it cost me about 200 bucks so I guess its on the cheaper side, hopefully will last until I sort out the exhaust later on
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 4d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/11 05:44 AM Posted 29/11/11 05:44 AM I'll most likely have a Venom 3" 100 cell cat for sale in the next week.PM me if your interested.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/11 05:46 AM Posted 29/11/11 05:46 AM Herrod is the Walkinshaw of Ford, like Walkinshaw everything is double.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now