Zerosignal Phantom Menace Legacy Donating Member 232 Member For: 16y 1m 26d Gender: Male Posted 21/11/11 09:14 PM Posted 21/11/11 09:14 PM What was the abnormal pressure reading? oil?
drivnhrd New Member 10 Member For: 17y 6m 24d Posted 22/11/11 02:43 PM Posted 22/11/11 02:43 PM Are you reading the same thread as me. Re read the posts carefully.my mistake cheers for the pick up, also keen to know what the abnormal pressure was?
mrockm Member 5 Member For: 14y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/11/11 06:13 AM Author Posted 30/11/11 06:13 AM Problem came back again :(I was gunning it, foot 3/4 of the way to the floor and at 120 exactly the power cut and the revs held at 3500 approx and wouldn't give me anymore.... Eased off the pedal and then went again it was fine, the power kicked back in...... Later it did it all over again and the check engine light came back on, I'll give a detailed response of what my mechanic finds, I forgot all the technical stuff he told me.....
peterjm Member 2 Member For: 13y 3m 3d Posted 03/07/13 10:31 PM Posted 03/07/13 10:31 PM Hi mrockm,Looks like an older thread but is similar to what is happening to my BA XR6T. If I just give it a moderate hit, the boost is fine, if I dump it, it will get to probably 4000ish then shudder. When I pull up, the car shudders as if running a couple of cylinders short. If I give the pedal a hit again the car comes back to normal once the turbo spools up a bit then idles fine.I had new Weapon X coils installed just over a year ago so not sure if it would be those. I've seen on some other threads about lubing the boost control solenoid as it can get gummed up. Other things mentioned - vacuum, fuel filter, fuel pump??Any ideas or experiences would be appreciated.Thanks.
BRK Member 361 Member For: 14y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/07/13 11:50 PM Posted 03/07/13 11:50 PM I have to assume the plugs are okay and your hoses on the inatke system are in good nick and tightened properly.Clean the boost control solenoid as a start. I changed the wastegate actuator when mine did this (but the change was for other reasons) and after doing all that it stopped. The biggest issue with this problem in mine was that the engine management light did not come on - so no fault codes.
Faawks Member 20 Member For: 13y 3m 12d Posted 04/07/13 12:06 AM Posted 04/07/13 12:06 AM I have a VERY similar issue with my car, always hits a rev limiter at 120 in third gear. It also has idle issues and sometimes losses all power on the freeway, I put the clutch in, give it a rev and it clears it right up. I'm going to change my O2 sensor soon to see if that helps with anything. Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/07/13 12:10 AM Posted 04/07/13 12:10 AM Hi mrockm,Looks like an older thread but is similar to what is happening to my BA XR6T. If I just give it a moderate hit, the boost is fine, if I dump it, it will get to probably 4000ish then shudder. When I pull up, the car shudders as if running a couple of cylinders short. If I give the pedal a hit again the car comes back to normal once the turbo spools up a bit then idles fine.I had new Weapon X coils installed just over a year ago so not sure if it would be those. I've seen on some other threads about lubing the boost control solenoid as it can get gummed up. Other things mentioned - vacuum, fuel filter, fuel pump??Any ideas or experiences would be appreciated.Thanks.Bin these, replace them with Genuine coils from a dealer or know good source (not Ebay as there are fakes floating around,member Kosij on here has hooked me up with a couple of sets). Start here. If your issues continue I would be looking at valve springs being a BA (assuming they haven't been changed) but your symptoms do sound more like coils than springs.
peterjm Member 2 Member For: 13y 3m 3d Posted 30/07/13 11:06 AM Posted 30/07/13 11:06 AM Thanks for the replies, BRK... Same as yours - replace wastegate actuator. Huge pressure buildup due to massive boost as a result of closed stuck wastegate, injectors shut down to protect engine hence the shudder.
XR6T PIG Member 54 Member For: 14y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: sunny coast Posted 31/07/13 03:07 AM Posted 31/07/13 03:07 AM Mine did the same replaced the coils and sparks and the problem went away
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now