cmitc91 Member 56 Member For: 15y 26d Gender: Male Location: north brisbane Posted 11/11/11 12:21 PM Posted 11/11/11 12:21 PM hey guys I have just put 100kms on my fg xr6t and I have notcied when I have been out then come home that when I pull up in the garage there is like a crunching and rattleing sound not very noisey but still noticable sound and its conitinous untill u push the clutch in then goes away take your foot off again and keeps happening ?? my first thought was maybe a dodgy throw out bearing but could be wrong ?? or maybe they just need to beed in :s ?? someone told me its just the clutch and that what happens dosent seem right to me. I am taking it to fraud next week but I wanna kno what I am sorta talking about aha
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 11d Gender: Male Posted 11/11/11 12:25 PM Posted 11/11/11 12:25 PM Mine doesnt crunch but rattles alot.. New malwood opt 3 and 6 speed.. Been told its normal but my 5 speed was quiet as
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/11/11 12:32 PM Posted 11/11/11 12:32 PM Gearbox rollover noise. Its quite normal.
cmitc91 Member 56 Member For: 15y 26d Gender: Male Location: north brisbane Posted 11/11/11 12:34 PM Author Posted 11/11/11 12:34 PM ok thanks guys
cmitc91 Member 56 Member For: 15y 26d Gender: Male Location: north brisbane Posted 11/11/11 12:52 PM Author Posted 11/11/11 12:52 PM but it only happens every now and then not all the time is that ok ??
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 11d Gender: Male Posted 11/11/11 10:59 PM Posted 11/11/11 10:59 PM Does yours get loud after 30mins of driving?
cmitc91 Member 56 Member For: 15y 26d Gender: Male Location: north brisbane Posted 12/11/11 09:25 AM Author Posted 12/11/11 09:25 AM its not so much loud its just noticable when your standing next to it or open the door yeah yeah u could anywhere from 20min to 40mins but dosent happen everytime after you drive it
jaytdee Inactive Members 1 Member For: 14y 10m 25d Posted 15/11/11 01:18 AM Posted 15/11/11 01:18 AM its the thrust bearing. its normal but annoying.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/11/11 01:23 AM Posted 15/11/11 01:23 AM Its not the thrust bearing. Thrust bearing will get noiser when the clutch is disengaged. The noise as stated about is rollover/gear hash noist. The fix for the T56's is to increase the oil level too around 4.85ltrs. Not too sure about the TR6060 though.Give Mal Woods Automotive a call. He will be able to advise if the extra oil makes a difference too the Tr6060's as well
cmitc91 Member 56 Member For: 15y 26d Gender: Male Location: north brisbane Posted 17/11/11 06:58 AM Author Posted 17/11/11 06:58 AM hey guys just got back from ford the noise is normal. even though I aint really happy about it but ok.I rang mal woods he said he can get rid of the noise but it will cost about 600 but I think I will wait untill I get more power then get mal to fix it aswell as a better clutch
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now