Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: north QLD
Posted

these cars handle mods so well don't they. how much boost is needed to see the 400 mark? will a 6 boost exhaust manifold get me more power/torque at the same boost level?

I did it on 19lb of boost

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 22d
Posted

Add a ZF Tune to the list.

Na im not going to do the auto tune. I don't like the theories behind it, especially with out strengthening the stock box!

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 22d
Posted

I did it on 19lb of boost

Watching your build is giving me great hope that mine will make 400. Can you get all of the power to the ground without wheel spin? How does traction control act now?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: north QLD
Posted

It's pretty good getting the power to the ground actually mate.. I have 20x10's with 275's on the back which helps if I put 18's on I reckon it would have stuff all traction lol.. Traction control is not to bad now if you don't floor it from a stop start..

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 22d
Posted

I have 19x245 on mine.... Going to try and fit a 255 on the rim if I can't find traction.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have a similar set up to yours with the GTX3582. I am hoing for 420, I have seen a couple of guys hitting 420 to 430 the manifold is the real restriction.

The 6 boost manifold with external gate would see more!

My car made 380 with standard turbo rule of thumb is 30rwkw on the same boost which would hopefully mean my car would make 410rwkw at 17psi.

I guess I am speculating the proof will be in the tune soon!!!

My 2c Alf

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 22d
Posted

Is there a before and after for the 6 boost manifold? Im sold if it will make a significant amount of power. Will the external gate be a big step up from the wastegate mod done to the stock turbine housing?

I ask this, because my car is at the workshop now and if it will benifit from an external gate, I will go in that direction. Will a new turbine housing be needed? I can see how the cost will soon add up if a new turbine housing is needed + new dump + gate. Costly exercise!

  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Far north queensland
Posted

new dump and intake would be required if you go a hi-mount with external gate

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted

Mine made 403.8 on 19psi. Still the stock tire sizes and gets the power down nicely, or will do a nice power skid as required.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 22d
Posted

Well done. that's good power for the mods. I think I'm going to hit the 400 mark, going on what other people are making with similar mods

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...