234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 16/10/11 01:29 PM Posted 16/10/11 01:29 PM What have you guys done with the heat shield around the dump pipe (the one pop riveted to the engine mount) when fitting a bigger dump pipe? I just fitted a full xforce 4" system and the shield won't bolt back on. Will the heat affect the power steering hoses or will it be ok? I've heard a few different opinions but would like to hear from someone who has done it. I was thinking maybe make a small bracket from the dump pipe to the original hole in the shield but if it's not really needed I'll rip it out. CheersSent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 17/10/11 06:27 AM Posted 17/10/11 06:27 AM Hey mate have you got any pics of how close the hoses are to the dump?I havn't re-fitted the shield on mine and its been ok for the last year, but that's not to say your is the same... maybe the shield can be moved or bent?
234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 17/10/11 06:48 AM Author Posted 17/10/11 06:48 AM Mate it's not very close but I wasn't to be sure. I decided I will make a bracket from the dunno pipe to the shield. Just to be safeSent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 17/10/11 06:49 AM Posted 17/10/11 06:49 AM What about getting your dump ceramic coated? Surely there is someone in mackay that can do it?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/10/11 07:09 AM Posted 17/10/11 07:09 AM I melted my power steering boot when my heatshield was removed. After I replaced it all was good. With a bit of bending and tweaking it will fit
andrich Member 94 Member For: 17y 7m 1d Posted 18/10/11 02:10 AM Posted 18/10/11 02:10 AM I just did the dump on my car and what I did was buy a heat wrap for the dump pipe. Its like a bandage that you wrap around it that keeps the heat in. My heatshielding went back on but I only have a 3.5 inch dump. I was more worried about my dump transferring a heap of heat to my gbox and surrouding components. Il look at the packet when I get home and tell you the brand of itcheersmichael
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 18/10/11 02:15 AM Posted 18/10/11 02:15 AM Be careful about the heat wrap.. Apparently there is heat wrap and then made in china heat wrap.. A mate put some on the Headers of a Fairly modified SS commie.. The heat wrap actually caught fire at a track day..
234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 18/10/11 03:50 AM Author Posted 18/10/11 03:50 AM Yeah that might be the go. And that sounds a bit dodgy brenno, like having a fire extinguisher filled with petrol hahaSent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 18/10/11 04:00 AM Posted 18/10/11 04:00 AM In hindsight I think the take works for what it is intended.. But sticking something that has an adhesive backing (honestly didn't seem much different to high strength duct tape) on the extractors of a commie that revs out to nearly 8 grand.. Not ideal... If the heats it produced were within tolerance of the tape I'm sure it would've done the trick.He has since gone with ceramic coated pacemakers.
234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 18/10/11 04:36 AM Author Posted 18/10/11 04:36 AM Yeah I might look into ceramic coating the dump pipe as well as the exhaust manifold. That'll help protect the oil line to the turbo.Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now