bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/11/11 12:06 PM Posted 16/11/11 12:06 PM you must have 2 mufflers??? since when.the only thing I no of it must not be too loud and must have a cat,I cant remember the last time one of my cars had more than one muffler.
neotim Member 276 Member For: 15y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 16/11/11 02:31 PM Posted 16/11/11 02:31 PM Yeah agreed I didn't think the laws stated you had to have 2 mufflers in place to be legal.. Because even removing the centre muffler the exhaust is still fairly quiet just a bit more deep on WOT. Cops will only get ya if it's too loud..
Gussa Legacy Donating Member 220 Member For: 15y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gippsland Posted 17/11/11 06:24 AM Posted 17/11/11 06:24 AM (edited) I had a search and can't back up my input. But I do believe it is legit. I think its for cops to give them a benchmark (they don't all carry around sound level meters so its easier to look underneath and count to 2). Similar to a certain height of lowered cars?Having said this though, I still intend to do it. Edited 17/11/11 06:25 AM by Gussa
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 17/11/11 06:31 AM Posted 17/11/11 06:31 AM I attempted to read the ADR sections relating to this.. But got lost once it redirected me to the actual laws.. Commonwealth laws are next to impossible to understand.. However I could be wrong but I have been told by 2 exhaust shops that it is illegal.. Could be different for different states though.. I do know my WRX was well over the legal noise rating (132db).. But as it had 2 "mufflers" (boxes that looked like mufflers) I always survived the glances under the car from the local boys in blue. Got done for noise once and then I installed a VAREX..
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/11/11 06:46 AM Posted 17/11/11 06:46 AM Most cops carry the lowering stick thing so can't see why they would have DB meters.What I think is more interesting is do the verex fark your tune when you put them on quite?
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 17/11/11 06:56 AM Posted 17/11/11 06:56 AM They create a crapload of back pressure.. going from a 3" straight through to a 1" side pipe.. So you've gotta baby it around.. I just used it for sneaking up the driveway late (living in townhouses mostly populated by old complaining people) and dodging coppers.I really liked it I though, thought it was great.. But you couldn't flog it when closed..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now