STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 10/11/11 11:25 PM Posted 10/11/11 11:25 PM Them caps bringin the lolz right here. Haha. Sorry guys, took me bout half a second to realise they were caps and would just pull off gently with pliers. that's gold u nearly undone em with caps still on trainr. Must of been a bitch gettin to em with pliers + turning.
TRA1NR Pitlane Member Legacy Donating Member 2,886 Member For: 19y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Pakenham, Victoria Posted 10/11/11 11:57 PM Author Posted 10/11/11 11:57 PM Yes Ben, it was not a lot of fun, lost a bit of skin off of my knuckles in the process! I tend to learn things the hard way though, its my nature!
jasfg Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: frankston Posted 12/11/11 02:07 AM Posted 12/11/11 02:07 AM I'm fairly sure the xr8 intake does not fit with these pipes, have a read earlier on in the thread. I didnt have any issues with fiting the coolerworx piping and the xr8 air box . yes its a tight fit - but mine went together well .then after all that I went to the turbo side air box lol.
lightning g6e turbo Member 83 Member For: 15y 10m 16d Gender: Male Posted 14/11/11 09:12 AM Posted 14/11/11 09:12 AM Ok so it can be done, maybe they have made a few changes to make it fit.In any case would be so much easier if they have and it will fit. Isaac mate would be very interested in your final out come mate.
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 14/11/11 10:05 AM Posted 14/11/11 10:05 AM Ok so it can be done, maybe they have made a few changes to make it fit.In any case would be so much easier if they have and it will fit. Isaac mate would be very interested in your final out come mate.Unless you want the airbox cocked up on a funny angle and not sitting hard down where it should or you heat and distort the snork to clear - it does not fit properly. I worked with coolerworx in an attempt to overcome this but we couldn't get it quite right after two attempts - fact. So unless my factory V8 box and snork was different I can assure you it doesn't clear the pipework. If anyone wants to put themselves through the punish, then go right ahead.
lightning g6e turbo Member 83 Member For: 15y 10m 16d Gender: Male Posted 15/11/11 11:26 AM Posted 15/11/11 11:26 AM JASFG did your airbox sit up on an angle as bomber's did, I wouldn't like that either.Not doubting you at all bomber just wasn't sure how long ago you did yours and whether they ended up finding a way and changed it.
jasfg Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: frankston Posted 16/11/11 02:07 AM Posted 16/11/11 02:07 AM JASFG did your airbox sit up on an angle as bomber's did, I wouldn't like that either.Not doubting you at all bomber just wasn't sure how long ago you did yours and whether they ended up finding a way and changed it.nope my air box sat like the standard xr6 ,I think I even have pics of the xr8 air box with the plastic throttle body elbow .
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/11/11 05:02 AM Posted 16/11/11 05:02 AM It's weird how some some drop straight in (with standard pipes) and some need modifications to the snorkel to clear. You'd think they would all be the same.
Dubboxr6 Member 18 Member For: 18y 9m 22d Posted 01/12/11 12:07 PM Posted 01/12/11 12:07 PM So I'm about to buy an xr8 intake and a coolerwrx pipe kitDo they , as at the 1st of December 2011, fit together?All help is greatly appreciated.Rgds
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 02/12/11 08:04 AM Posted 02/12/11 08:04 AM My car is clearly a 'special build' so it didn't fit - properly. That fact that coolerworx and I worked on it - using my car to mock up - I think is a fair indication. In the end, we couldn't get it right. I gave up after pulling my bar off twice and fitted the growler. So unless they did some more work I stand by that it won't fit - properly. Hope it fits for you mate. Cheers, Bomber.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now