MattLacey Member 28 Member For: 15y 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/11 12:06 AM Posted 26/09/11 12:06 AM Picked up my FG last Thursday and drove home with a big grin on my face Headed up to Albury on the weekend, mostly highway though did go via Beechworth, was astounded when I reached the other end with 8.1 L/100km average fuel economy! Engine is barely bothering to turn over at 110.Love the car though, perfect for cruising and then great fun when you knock it over into sequential for the twisty bits, I'm a very happy man right about now. Best part was chatting to my cousin in the pub before going back to his — didn't tell him what I'd bought but his first question was "Is it faster than my car?" (he has a 10 year old V8 Berlina). When we got back to his he ran up to the back to see what it was, and then said "I saw XR6 and I was gonna bag you, but then I saw the Turbo..."Only slightly annoying thing I've found is running through a large iPod library, takes quite a while to scroll through starting from A — are there any short cuts?!Good times
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/11 08:17 AM Posted 26/09/11 08:17 AM sounds like your pretty stoked.is the FG brand new?
MattLacey Member 28 Member For: 15y 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/11 08:24 AM Author Posted 26/09/11 08:24 AM Definitely stoked!It's a 2009 car, 75k on the clock. Will go and take some pics of it on the weekend.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/11 08:32 AM Posted 26/09/11 08:32 AM oh good...yes def need pics.I only asked cause it sounded like you were thrashing the shyt out of a brand spanker lol
MattLacey Member 28 Member For: 15y 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/11 09:34 AM Author Posted 26/09/11 09:34 AM Ha ha, no worries there I like to look after my engines!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/09/11 09:45 AM Posted 26/09/11 09:45 AM They certainly are grin-inducing Glad to hear you're wrapped with it.RE: iPod, no there's no easy way. Only sort-of solution is by using playlists and changing them frequently, I've created a heap of lists from genius results to get a good mix but when you have the urge to listen to a specific band you have to settle yourself in for half an hour of dial turning
MattLacey Member 28 Member For: 15y 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/09/11 10:55 AM Author Posted 26/09/11 10:55 AM Doh!I was wondering — can you put folders into playlists or have the tracks grouped by album? If so a playlist for each letter of the alphabet might cut it but still isn't ideal.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/09/11 10:41 PM Posted 26/09/11 10:41 PM No I don't think so mate, a playlist is just a list of individual songs not albums.Or another option is to unplug the iPod, find the track you're after, then plug it back in. Again not ideal though.
Tim Member 142 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Posted 27/09/11 09:56 AM Posted 27/09/11 09:56 AM You can have the songs in albums.
234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 27/09/11 10:44 AM Posted 27/09/11 10:44 AM Yeah I hate that. I just disconnect my iPod and choose the song.Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now