Cheaty McCheats Totally not a Cop Legacy Donating Member 821 Member For: 15y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/08/11 04:30 AM Posted 03/08/11 04:30 AM Hey all,I'm finding it hard to make a decision. Here are my quotes:$2250 for Tein coilovers on all four corners (Not fitted)$1950 for Pedders XA coilovers on all four corners (Not fitted)I have a few mates who're dead certain that Tein are worth the extra $300, but I've heard nothing but good things about the XA's.I'd prefer stiffness over comfort, but this car is going to be on the street more than the track.So, which would you suggest?
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/08/11 04:58 AM Posted 03/08/11 04:58 AM The tiens. I have the pedders. They are ok, no problems- I wanted it lower than the tiens can go but the tiens are a better unit in every way, you also have the option of the in cabin adjustment.The prices you have mentioned are very good for the tiens but not good for the pedders, usually get them installed for less than that.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/08/11 05:03 AM Posted 03/08/11 05:03 AM (edited) I know where there is a set of tein for $2000 in PerthI have a set of the incar tein electronic dampener adjusters lined up second hand off a forum member, once all the Nizpro car issues are all sorted. Edited 03/08/11 05:12 AM by arronm
Cheaty McCheats Totally not a Cop Legacy Donating Member 821 Member For: 15y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/08/11 05:15 AM Author Posted 03/08/11 05:15 AM Where are these Teins for $2k?
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 03/08/11 04:47 PM Posted 03/08/11 04:47 PM Got a mate with the pedders, hes just blown his 4th, yes FOURTH shockie.... every few months without fail one of them sh*ts a seal and back on the jack stands it goes for a week.I wouldnt touch them.
wa g6et Member 657 Member For: 15y 3m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 03/08/11 10:49 PM Posted 03/08/11 10:49 PM Teins are a nice bit of kit but for less you can have far better quality shocks(Bilstein or Koni) and springs. Let's face it the height adjustment is great but once set who changes it and the car needs wheel alignment every time it's altered. The shock adj is nice but unless you have the in car adj setup($$$) then that is a pain.Had them in my last car, the price you quote is fair. Took several adjustments to get the height right and to be honest probably could have got the same with off the shelf springs.Having said that if you are running big wide rims/tyres if like a Late model camira then coilovers help with clearances. If you want ultra low then Teins shocks will need to be shortened which Fulcrum can arranged but at a cost.
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 2m 25d Gender: Male Posted 03/08/11 10:53 PM Posted 03/08/11 10:53 PM The pedders are BC Racing re branded. To give you an idea a full set of BC racing for a WRX is ~$1200.Unless you are tracking it every weekend a set of Koni adjustable with matched King Springs are the go...
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/08/11 10:54 PM Posted 03/08/11 10:54 PM Where are these Teins for $2k?Call me.
wagnman Member 567 Member For: 17y 3m 9d Posted 03/08/11 11:22 PM Posted 03/08/11 11:22 PM (edited) What I have found with my TEIN's is that there is actually a fairly narrow "window" with the damper settings.While they have 16 settings for the firmness most of these are not very usefull.For example on the softest setting the car feels very "under damped". While being more comfortable and definately having more grip at the rear it does feel like the dampers need to be quite a bit harder with a slight "springy" feeling.While with the dampers set on the hardest setting you can feel that for this setting the springs need to be harder to match the damping.The sweet spot is definately in the middle.I cant wait to get my EDFC set up so that I can play with the settings "on the fly" so that I can fine tune the dampers in the "window" around the middle of their damping range and get the thing set up the way I want it as having to crawl around under the car and remove the radiator over flow bottle to manually adjust the dampers sucks.I am however VERY happy with the TEIN's and feel they are a step up from any other set up I have had on other cars that I have owned (taking into account that the G6ET is arguably the best car that I have owned performance wise) Edited 03/08/11 11:23 PM by wagnman
.BLKPHN. Legacy Donating Member 283 Member For: 15y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 04/08/11 12:58 AM Posted 04/08/11 12:58 AM what hight can pedders go to and what hight teins go to??
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now