FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/08/11 01:15 AM Posted 02/08/11 01:15 AM Looking at installing a PW surge tank. Has anyone installed one and driven with it without a re-tune? How was it?
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 21d Posted 02/08/11 02:01 AM Posted 02/08/11 02:01 AM Without retune it will run rich...
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 20d Posted 02/08/11 02:22 AM Posted 02/08/11 02:22 AM I installed a twin pump surge on the weekend, definitely running rich,but better rich than lean. Re-tune when all the other mods are done, but definitely a re-tune
FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/08/11 02:49 AM Author Posted 02/08/11 02:49 AM Yeah I'll be getting it retuned but not for at least a month. Just so I know if I can start using it now or install it later.
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 20d Posted 02/08/11 02:50 AM Posted 02/08/11 02:50 AM you can start using it now, not going to cause any harm, but will simply run rich, potentially if rich enough it will foul plugs, but I dont think it will be that rich.
Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 02/08/11 08:41 AM Posted 02/08/11 08:41 AM when I installed my surge tank it made bugger all difference to the AFR's...
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 20d Posted 02/08/11 09:21 AM Posted 02/08/11 09:21 AM Ok maybe just me, but I changed rail and regulator and I don't have pressure gauge to check what rail pressure I am running yet, but its up high to be safe.
FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/08/11 09:35 AM Author Posted 08/08/11 09:35 AM Booked a tune in for it. Out of the Plazmaman and Process West tanks is there a superior? Both look the same from what I can see but do either of them have any problems with leaking?
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Posted 08/08/11 09:56 AM Posted 08/08/11 09:56 AM I got a PW surge tank with single pump. Was running pretty rich up top but didnt notice any difference when normal driving. Had it retuned 2 days after fitting it to be sure.
Process West Member 248 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong NSW Posted 08/08/11 11:37 AM Posted 08/08/11 11:37 AM Booked a tune in for it. Out of the Plazmaman and Process West tanks is there a superior? Both look the same from what I can see but do either of them have any problems with leaking?One is a knock off/replica/copy. Do a search on this forum and see which one was on the market first.All Process West surge tanks now have a second machined -8 thread on the outlet of the tank so that a second pump can be added with ease.Kev
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now