hambo_12 Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Posted 21/11/03 02:18 AM Author Posted 21/11/03 02:18 AM Hey hambo, At least you aint geting an SS ute! True that!! :lol: ss ute >> waitin for nuthin, ordering veery soon, just gotta get the low down from all the dealers, looking for the best price. Anyone in the riverina (NSW) how did you go with the dealers, who was good bad etc...
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 21/11/03 02:52 AM Posted 21/11/03 02:52 AM Hambo,When l was 20 and going to uni, l had two A9X's in the shed, and a XU-1 as my daily driver. Hardly sensibe, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. l sold them when l got my first real job and had a decent deposit for my first property.Simon,How did you manage to do that? Where you selling your body of a night? l was working part time stacking shelves at night while studying. Went full time for my last year at uni so l was doing full time uni during the day, full time employment at night. Managed to get a little sleep, usually through lectures :lol: My body is still farked from that year
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 21/11/03 02:58 AM Posted 21/11/03 02:58 AM l should add l was most certainly not selling my body, its about as saleable as a used franger
Marcos Member 289 Member For: 22y 10m 24d Location: Central Coast NSW Posted 21/11/03 04:05 AM Posted 21/11/03 04:05 AM Don,t Hesitate mate. You work hard, you deserve it.
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 10m 28d Location: NSW Posted 24/11/03 03:02 AM Posted 24/11/03 03:02 AM Hambo, Im 22 and brought the same Ute that you are looking to get (Except the 18's) I got offered a deal to good to refuse through work that I just had to take. YOu've got to remember the on road costs of a new car thought. $3000 is about what I payed for onroad costs all up (That's eerything from dealer delivery to rego) in the end the ute cost me $38000 on-road. Insurance was another problem and funnily enough NRMA was the only company that wouls insure me and with a 65% no-claim bonus it came to just over $2100. But if the car is financed it jumps to $2500 so that's another thing to look at when you get your loan. Also if you are insuring under your dads name I would find out if you are aloud to drive it (From the insurer) as most insurers will only allow drivers who are not listed on the policy to drive the car once a month and if you were to be listed on the policy, the policy would be calculated from the youngest driver which is pretty much the same as you getting the insurance yourself. Also the excess for a 19 year old would be alot.If I were you I would do alot of research before purchasing and im sure the guys in this forum will be more then willing to help you out.Hope this helps. :-)
hambo_12 Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Posted 24/11/03 03:12 AM Author Posted 24/11/03 03:12 AM Thanx a lot xrphantom, great help, certainly has made me think twice instead of rushing out and purchasing the machine. Anyone know what the roundabouts cost of insurance for a 19 y/old is? No exact figures, just a rough estimate. Any help would be great!! Cheers
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/11/03 01:16 PM Posted 24/11/03 01:16 PM Hi hambo. I'm 24 and paying a fair bit for insurance. It's too hard for us to work out how much you would pay, because there are so many variables such as what rating you have, your driving history, your location, etc, etc. I suggest that you try contacting some insurance companies. Be warned though, most will not want to know you if you're getting a turbo until you're at least 25. Some of the insurance companies have online quotes, or at least allow you to leave all the car and driver details with them so they can contact you. This is probably a good place to start. I got my insurance with Just Car Insurance. They are one of only a few companies that will insure young drivers with a turbo. If you visit a dealer, they might be able to help you out too.Don't let all this stuff put you off getting the turbo. It all comes down to if you can afford it or not. I was in a pretty similar situation to you (except a few years older) and I took the plunge. Had the car for 8 months now, and you still can't wipe the smile off my face! :D
hambo_12 Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Posted 24/11/03 10:03 PM Author Posted 24/11/03 10:03 PM Thanks heaps bluexr6turbo. I have talked it over with the old man and he is sure he can get insurance under his name with the ability for me to drive it (in theory) once a week, which makes it a lot cheaper. Turbo here I come
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 10m 28d Location: NSW Posted 28/11/03 03:07 AM Posted 28/11/03 03:07 AM Go for it Hambo....If you only need a loan for half the price of the car I dare say you know what your doing with your money, so you should be right mate. I think about half the people in the forum are just like us. Took a pluge and hoped for the best. You only live once. Im am also like BlueXR6T, except I have only had my ute for 6 weeks and I have a smile on my face the size of Sydney Harbour Bridge :D
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 28/11/03 04:35 AM Posted 28/11/03 04:35 AM Given that it took me 4 decades to get a brand new performance car - I don't think you should get one out of a deep seated resentment & jealousy. What's wrong with a perfectly good Nissan Pintarra? :lol: Yeh, same here Catlike!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now