Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 12/07/11 02:54 AM Posted 12/07/11 02:54 AM Prices are generally dearer with a trade in.Sounds like he's already signed the contract so if it wasn't in writing then I'd say he's stuffed regardless of what was said.
XR6MUM Legacy Donating Member 44 Member For: 15y 2m 19d Gender: Female Posted 12/07/11 02:55 AM Author Posted 12/07/11 02:55 AM I should have taken you 2 with me.They gave me a car to use overnight. I have 2 kids, both in seats requiring an anchor point. They have given me a car with 1 anchor point.I called the sales manager and complained. Probably won't get me anywhere as far as my trade is concerned but hey - there's plenty more cars in the parking lot!
XR6MUM Legacy Donating Member 44 Member For: 15y 2m 19d Gender: Female Posted 12/07/11 03:03 AM Author Posted 12/07/11 03:03 AM The finance is approved, just waiting on my car to be approved for trade in.My partner and I have signed the contract. I spoke to the sales manager and even he said he doesn't see why they can't start it this afternoon to see if it blows smoke.The contract states 19" rims no charge, but there is 19" rims on the car already.Guess I will find out this afternoon or first thing in the morning when I go to pick up or trade my car in.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/07/11 03:04 AM Posted 12/07/11 03:04 AM All I can suggest now is to at least flog the absolute crap out of their car, might not help but will make you feel better.
XR6MUM Legacy Donating Member 44 Member For: 15y 2m 19d Gender: Female Posted 12/07/11 03:06 AM Author Posted 12/07/11 03:06 AM Well apparently they sat there revving the crap out of mine this morning! Poor thing, what did she ever do wrong.Partner is sure they went through at least $10 worth of petrol.
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 5d Gender: Male Posted 12/07/11 04:02 AM Posted 12/07/11 04:02 AM (edited) XR6TNooB, with respect, you need to be a little more "forceful" of your position. I deal with contracts every day (I'm a lawyer), so unless you get what was agreed verbally and written (eg; 19 wheels that you are happy with, and your agreed trade-in price) then its no deal and walk away regardless of what the contract says (car dealers very rarely enforce contracts anyway as its not worth the $$/effort if they lose when they can just sell the car to someone else and lose basically nothing).The power is all in your hands as you are paying the money - they won't risk a sale falling over on minor issues, especially in this market..... Edited 12/07/11 04:03 AM by CBXRT
XR6MUM Legacy Donating Member 44 Member For: 15y 2m 19d Gender: Female Posted 12/07/11 04:14 AM Author Posted 12/07/11 04:14 AM As far as the wheels were concerned I have been. I said this is exactly what you said to me before and now you are saying something else, he goes oh well I'm trying to do something for you and I'm doing my best. I said fair enough but you said in the beginning that you would sort it out, you are now saying there will be a change over cost which I will have to wear.I'm going out tomorrow morning to get either my new car or my car. I'll see what happens when I'm there.This car is worth it right? I've heard awesome things, it was great to drive. Please tell me it's worth the hassle!
louiseanddanny 10.5 @ 132MPH Legacy Donating Member 477 Member For: 18y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: FALCON COUNTRY Posted 12/07/11 04:20 AM Posted 12/07/11 04:20 AM What dealership is this at?
XR6MUM Legacy Donating Member 44 Member For: 15y 2m 19d Gender: Female Posted 12/07/11 04:24 AM Author Posted 12/07/11 04:24 AM A ford dealership. Probably shouldn't name names until all is done and dusted and I'm not sure what the forum rules are on naming dealerships.
louiseanddanny 10.5 @ 132MPH Legacy Donating Member 477 Member For: 18y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: FALCON COUNTRY Posted 12/07/11 04:27 AM Posted 12/07/11 04:27 AM No worrys Louise my wife works at Peter Warren's maybe I could help if you really want it, She knows a few people and how to handle them espeacially those dam dealers ha lmao
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now