ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 22/06/11 01:45 PM Posted 22/06/11 01:45 PM
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 21d Posted 22/06/11 02:43 PM Posted 22/06/11 02:43 PM So what I'm saying is correct?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/06/11 11:18 PM Posted 22/06/11 11:18 PM Looks like it mate. Going by the description Ratter has posted you are correct and I stand corrected!What your saying does make sense now. I have been working on the -ve number being retard (which I now know it isnt )It does make sense that a -ve number (advance) would improve turbo spool time down low as more air is going to pass through the motor with the exhaust cam timing advanced.
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 21d Posted 22/06/11 11:48 PM Posted 22/06/11 11:48 PM No worries mate. I was starting to get a little confused. Thinking everything I had based dialling cams in on was wrong. Then I thought maybe it was a twin camturbo thing to be the opposite. Anyway, all good. That's what this forum is for. So we an discuss this sort of stuff.
4LEDboy Member 11 Member For: 16y 2m 19d Posted 23/06/11 02:02 AM Author Posted 23/06/11 02:02 AM Ok, so do both cams work the same, or do they have a separate map each?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/06/11 02:07 AM Posted 23/06/11 02:07 AM BA's work together, BF's have independant control for Int and Exh cam
Bad Apples Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 21y 2m 19d Gender: Male Posted 23/06/11 03:59 AM Posted 23/06/11 03:59 AM BF's work together, BF's have independant control for Int and Exh cam?Are you saying that they can vary independantly, but inlet and exhaust cams are configured the same from the factory?Cheers,Chris.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/06/11 04:11 AM Posted 23/06/11 04:11 AM Sorry mate typo should have read:"BA's work together, BF's have independant control for Int and Exh cam"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now