Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay QLD
Posted (edited)

So I discovered a nice patch of fluid under my car coming from the pan area of ZF. Jacked up the rear and found it coming from the rear drivers side of the pan where pan meets the box. Did some quick reading and found Jags with the same 6hp26 box gets\ leaks in same position.

Plan is to take it to local Ford dealer and replace pan/gasket and change fluid as im prepping for a tune so a fresh box would be a plus.

Got a new pan lined up, but what I want to know is if there is any rough price on what Ford charge for service on these so I have a ballpark figure to work on?

Is there any other areas it could be leaking from as being on jack stands I couldnt see much but I do know for sure its not leaking out of the wiring connector, that was bone dry.

Car is stock tune BF2 ute, obviously out of warranty.

Edited by Stazza_Brendan
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay QLD
Posted (edited)

I need to go get some torx bits, But nothing seemed loose. Even if it is loose bolts needs more fluid put in to replace the unknown quantity that's come out. At 68kon clock.

Edited by Stazza_Brendan
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

from memory a aftermarket pan kit was around $160 from my local auto shop. Throw sum castrol transmax Z in there, the ZF oil is sh*t.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay QLD
Posted

Heard some have issues with transmax z. Went and got some torx spanners and went over the pan bolts. A few were a bit loose but nothing major. No seeping now. Will take for a longer drive and recheck next weekend.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

I dunno who "some" are, but theres more than just a couple on here who use it... and nearly every ZF that's been built stronger pretty much runs Transmax Z, some cars upto the tune of 600kw.

My car felt 300% better in the first 10 seconds of driving... I know it was fine in my car.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I actually just came on to post this issue with mine. I went away for 2 weeks and car was not driven in that time. I moved it to notice an oil patch in my garage. I got under my car and noticed it was leaking from the same spot as mentioned above. Could not tighten the bolts up any futher with an allen key it just kept slipping. I have since moved my car and it has not leaked for the past 3 days. SHould it sitting there undriven cause this?

Ford Dealer has wiped my gearbox out in the past driving into thier workshop and replaced gasket 30 000k's ago.

Any suggestions?

Sorry to steal your thread also

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...