Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 15d
Posted

hay guys, got a friend that's getting ready for a tune and some work to be done. were considering JEM- just engine management. what are peoples thoughts about this? are they any good? anyone got work done? how are they on tuneing side of things?

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

PM Senna_T , think he has used them in the past

  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Hey FPV,

Have you considered any of the forum sponsors? They have a great reputation amongst the XR6T community so you can't really go wrong with them.

Having bought a car with a tune from an incompetent bunch of morons, I highly recommend you (or your friend) get it right the first time...

Just my 2c mate :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Have you considered any of the forum sponsors? They have a great reputation amongst the XR6T community so you can't really go wrong with them.

Not sure about "can't go wrong" part just because someone is a site sponsor, lately there were few stories of blown engines from generic tunes by site sponsors.

But NVT I agree with getting it right the first time, when I was looking for tuners I picked one over the other to save few hundred $$$, now I wish I wasn't a tight ass back then. No blown engine or anything but let's just say that not all tunes are the same even if end KW numbers might be similar.

So do your research, no matter who you pick.

And don't get carried away by records like "fastest <insert name here> in oz", this many 10 sec <insert name> in the country bla bla bla...

Last year a friend took his 34 GTR to some idiots with a fastest 2JZ in AU only to have two blown turbos 2 weeks later.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 15d
Posted

hay guys. thanks for your input. I understand were everyones coming from, I wish I spent a bit more on my car and did it all right the first time. anyway now I got his g6e turbo to play around with. my bet is on either tunehouse or jem. though I have spoken to jem today and they seemed to be shocked that my fg xr6 turbo with a standard turbo pulls out 349rwkw at 1000nm. he doesnt even get how my car does that with standard fuel pump so in saying that maybe JEM isnt the way to go for my mates car. and tunehouse on the other hand, not that I have a issue with them, they want to charge me jst over a 1000 bux to put in my wastegate actuator. im no genious here but the car does not require a full retune jst to put a simple serviceable part in. if anything the flash box would need a touch up but that's it.. though I could be wrong.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

The car would need a retune.

Was it getting ported at the same time?

If not is it possible they thought you wanted an actuator and port done? Both are commonly done together.

  • Awesome...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

hay guys. thanks for your input. I understand were everyones coming from, I wish I spent a bit more on my car and did it all right the first time. anyway now I got his g6e turbo to play around with. my bet is on either tunehouse or jem. though I have spoken to jem today and they seemed to be shocked that my fg xr6 turbo with a standard turbo pulls out 349rwkw at 1000nm. he doesnt even get how my car does that with standard fuel pump so in saying that maybe JEM isnt the way to go for my mates car. and tunehouse on the other hand, not that I have a issue with them, they want to charge me jst over a 1000 bux to put in my wastegate actuator. im no genious here but the car does not require a full retune jst to put a simple serviceable part in. if anything the flash box would need a touch up but that's it.. though I could be wrong.

349 with the stock turbo is un-heard of no wonder they were shocked. 320-330 is absolute max, they simply dont flow enough air.

Anything over 280rwkw, there is major fuel surge. Who did the initial tune?

Also replacing an actuator will result in a nearly a full retune as it completely changes how boost performs across the whole rev range.

Tunehouse is expensive and their numbers seem to be higher due to the hub dyno that they use, however in my case and few people I know, they got it right first time.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 25d
Posted

I don't know how JEM would go with an XR6, but I do know they did a great job on my mates R34 GTT!

It's on their Website.

I was impressed with their 'no Bullsh*t' presentation and after Sale support!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...