Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Yeah I'm thinkin I should get off my arse and have a crack, But I have a feeling a square meter of dynomat would yield the same result.

Having said that I've also got an FG cone replacement kit an XR8 airbox to go in and everyone knows Induction noise trumps stereo every time buttrock.gif

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

cone replacement is only 5 mins anyway so do both. Post up results with the dynamat as im thinking of using some to drown out the exhaust noise a bit.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Mines not, I went with a full 4inch pipe so I have to cut it to the right size and that. And I was talkin about dynomating my parcel shelf.

Mate too do what you want to do you'll have to pull your whole interior out, not something I'd be keen on doing. Also you'll need at least $500 worth of dynomat to do a half decent job.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

I was talking about the shelf only as well, Is there any benefit having a 4" over the 3.5"

Edited by dre
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Oh, that will make no differnece to your exhaust sound, you will need to dynomat the whole cabin. The step down off the crossover doesn't look as gay as it does with the 3.5 and I can only assume it's marginally louder. None have any proven actual performance gain.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
Posted

Hi guys

Having big stereo builds in all my cars worth thousands I have learnt that one reason the sub farts at high volume is also because the amp does not have enough power to push the sub to its fullest.

Saying that I want to put a big system in the car and wondered if anyone has seen any pictures of custom builds put in to a 04 BA not just ready made boxes ?

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Geez I was under the impression it was the complete opposite, I've never seen a sub out class and an amp. Provided the owner knows the bare essentials of how an in car stereo works.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
Posted

I have got to say I was a little sceptic that swapping the polarity would make any difference but in the last 5 mins I have changed them over and I must adnit that yes it does actually make a big difference.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
Posted

seeing as the amp is meant to be the same rms as the sub it is more likely that the amp is actually under powered in true rms compared to the speaker.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Pfft I guess I should stop being a cynic and give it a go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...