Manual Or Auto? In The Fg Xrt

Mike_800

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

So have you heard of a few crapping themselves Dilz

Nah some of the silly questions that get asked over and over.

Like "what's quicker a modded T or other cars?".. You must be takin the piss right?

It's very simple, both are as good as each other. If you want a manual buy an manual if you want an auto buy and auto, better yet test drive both then buy the one you like best.

Your never going to get a definitive answer on here as everyones answer is a matter of personal taste.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 20d

has anyone broken a manual fg box yet??? not that I will ever run enough power to perhaps find out just curious...

Edited by Bonjaz

• Member For: 13y 4m 14d

2 weeks my ass haha... are the fg manuals as noisy and clunky as the bf's, and what are the fg diff bushes like I havent really heard of them being a problem...yet???

I have a fg manual and have already had the diff bush replaced as it split, only 9000ks on the clock. I wouldnt change to an auto even if I was paid, its too much fun and I personally think they will hold value better in the long run

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

Only on downshifts and off the line I think because no human on this planet can engage and disengage a clutch/s as quick as performance automatics can on upshifts.

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 7m 17d

my fg manual is only noisy and clunky if I do nana gear changes - if driven properly the box is tight and awesome - btw most of the noise is the diff not the gearbox

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1m 26d

Just wondering how often those V8 Supercars use their clutch anyway. Don't know but I think they're more like a bike box.

I was watching it once & Mark Larkham was explaining there is a lever at the front of the gearstick which cuts engine power so they can flat change smoothly.

So yeah, the clutch pedal is rarely used & is quite an awkward/heavy bit of equipment anyway, going by the amount of journalists who stall whenever they get to drive one.