nelsonian101 Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 18y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/04/11 06:14 AM Posted 30/04/11 06:14 AM I am considering a lighter battery for daily duties and circuit use.Will this Odyssey PC680MJT Dry-Cell do the job and where do I get a bracket to hold it in place?The car is rarely left for more than a couple of days without turning over.http://www.autoobsession.com.au/shop/online-store/odyssey-batteries/performance-and-race-batteries/odyssey-pc680mjt-dry-cell-performance-battery-12v-1800a.html
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 30/04/11 06:40 AM Posted 30/04/11 06:40 AM I've had one of those before. it was run flat a few times and always bounced back and sat neglected for 12 months and still came good. next time my battery dies I'll get one again, only reason I didn't buy it last time as my battery died while I was on holidays.the car I had it on previously was a high comp turbo 4 cylinder but I think with the advertised 5 seconds of 680cca it should be ok for the T. someone might confirm or otherwise though.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/04/11 07:01 AM Posted 30/04/11 07:01 AM try one of theseBattery
nelsonian101 Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 18y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/04/11 07:47 AM Author Posted 30/04/11 07:47 AM That looks ok but it 3kg heavier than the odyssey and my FG is on a serious weight loss program at the moment for the track.
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/04/11 12:29 PM Posted 30/04/11 12:29 PM I am considering a lighter battery for daily duties and circuit use.Will this Odyssey PC680MJT Dry-Cell do the job and where do I get a bracket to hold it in place?The car is rarely left for more than a couple of days without turning over.http://www.autoobsession.com.au/shop/online-store/odyssey-batteries/performance-and-race-batteries/odyssey-pc680mjt-dry-cell-performance-battery-12v-1800a.htmlI have run one in my R Spec for 3 years. I had one go flat when I went to the US for 10 weeks and forgot to disconnect it. It charged up fine and is now a spare as I bought a replacement just in case the first one was cactus. It says in the link that they have many various brackets to hold them. If you are really serious about weight loss try googling "Lithium car start battery". I think they weigh less than 2 kilo's and don't cost that much. That said the Oddseesy is a great battery.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/04/11 01:16 PM Posted 30/04/11 01:16 PM Hate too go against the grain here but i wouldn't use an Odyssey battery again. Had nothing but problems with the 2 PC925´s I had.I running a Optima D51R and it seems to have sorted the idle quality issues I used too have with the PC925´sFor my money and the sake of a couple of KGS´s I would look at other wieght loss options. A nice strong high capacity battery that keeps a stable voltage up too the PCM and IGN system will give you more benefit power wise
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/04/11 01:36 PM Posted 30/04/11 01:36 PM That looks ok but it 3kg heavier than the odyssey and my FG is on a serious weight loss program at the moment for the track.that's because its the equivalent to an odyssey 925 which I believe is the minimum size for our cars . Will the one your suggesting have enough grunt if your car doesnt start the first. And what I suggested was an odyssey equivalent as it seems alot of these batteries have been having problems. Pulse is another good brand.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 30/04/11 02:19 PM Posted 30/04/11 02:19 PM I've heard fullriver are rubbish, I was offered one for free but I took advice and didn't waste my money.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/04/11 02:33 PM Posted 30/04/11 02:33 PM How could you waste money when it was for free. Process west use the batteries in his kits.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 30/04/11 03:03 PM Posted 30/04/11 03:03 PM Oops meant to say time . My mate has a golf buggy business and works with batteries all day
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now